The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kia Ora!

Walden1986

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jun 11, 2020
Australia
Hello Fastlaners,

My name is Doug, I'm 33, a Kiwi, and am currently living in Perth, Australia.

I've found myself here after reading MJ's two books. I can't remember how I found the Millionare Fastlane, but it would have been through some self-help Youtube channel most likely.
A little bit about myself: Self-help, and consumption in general has been my trap for my whole life. My pattern is to start something and not finish it, or to endlessly consume, fooling myself into thinking I am achieving something by doing so. My relationships have suffered, and I find myself in life where I don't want to be - (though I know in reality, I am where I am because I have created this for myself - it actually IS where I want to be).

I don't know if I've had my 'F*ck this' moment yet. I suppose if I don't know, then I probably haven't had it. But I feel close.

MJ's book was powerful for me because it expressed what I already know. If I keep on action faking, I will continue to stay in a cycle of discontentment.

My day job is a freelance video editor, and I am good enough at it to stay financially comfortable - though I had to move from NZ to Aus for this current contract. Although the work is creative, well-paid, and reasonably flexible, I have little passion for it and feel like a cog in a machine that I see no value in, apart from selling advertising and keeping people employed. I spend most of my work time distracting myself online in between short intervals of productive work. I'm sick of it.

I want a job where I have control, and take full ownership of the risks. I want to be make enough money to retire early so I have time and energy to pursue my interests. I want to be able to support my elderly single (poor) mother in her retirement.
I'd like to be proud of my work, and instill a greater sense of confidence in myself.

I am scared though that I will continue to action fake. I'm scared of doing the grind. I'm scared of losing the small amount of savings and security I already have.

My current contract is through until March 2021, and I don't plan on returning to this career after it ends. I have considered quitting now, but because of the world economy, and having zero ideas, I have decided not to. My plan is to research this year, and if a great idea comes to me, hopefully I will have the balls to quit and make the jump.

I know I need to step up and dive in, if I have any chance of making this dream a reality.

Looking forward to sharing ideas.

Cheers,
Doug.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Doug, appreciate the intro.

A

Anon79341

I am scared though that I will continue to action fake. I'm scared of doing the grind. I'm scared of losing the small amount of savings and security I already have.

Wow, I really feel like i'm in the same situation to be honest. I'm concerned about action faking but still fall into the trap of consuming. I'm scared of not starting yet but I'm doubtful if I have a decent idea. I've really struggled to get involved in the process.

I came to the conclusion that it is a good idea to keep practicing some valuable skills while I finish college (leadership, selling, a bit of programming and delegating) that will be useful whenever I start my business. Then I'll focus in solving a need in the field of Industrial Engineering (which is my craft). I prefer to take this approach because focusing in the short-term success and inmediate results was driving me crazy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...