The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION Just started another online store

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Do you buy clothes online?

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Cyberdeth

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
So anyone that has followed me know that my wife and I had some issues where she didn’t believe in my entrepreneurial dreams. I got a lot of advice to just get on with it and do it.

So for the last month, I’ve been putting together another online store. Also a niche site, but with a much wider audience than my previous effort.

From preliminary market research, I should be getting around 1000+ visits per day to the site. How many would buy what I’m selling, is a different story.

I’ll update this thread with any status reports as I get it.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
How are you projecting your 1000 daily visitors to your site? That is 300k visitors a month.

What value are you providing to your customers that your competition is not providing?

Is this value 10 times (even better, 100 times) better than the competition?

The bolded are the minimum two questions you should always ask before starting any venture.

Already made the mistake of selling a "me too" product and will never do that again. Always have a good answer (be honest) to the above two questions.

Don't be me.

varifix

Contributor
Dec 22, 2017
Central America
Very interested to hear about this 30k monthly visitor estimate as well. That is large number for any store (especially a brand new one)

If you have an existing customer base I can see it, but tough to do from scratch I think.

Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cyberdeth

Cyberdeth

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Let me be clear that I'm not getting 30k visits a month from the start. I would build up to that. Also, a visit does not mean someone will buy something. I'm aiming for a 5-10% conversion rate. If I can get more than that, awesome, if not, I'll have to offer more.

I did a simple ad campaign to gauge interests and got approximately 100-150 visits per day over the testing period. Through aggressive advertising, and more exposure, this number could grow 10x.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Let me be clear that I'm not getting 30k visits a month from the start. I would build up to that. Also, a visit does not mean someone will buy something. I'm aiming for a 5-10% conversion rate. If I can get more than that, awesome, if not, I'll have to offer more.

I did a simple ad campaign to gauge interests and got approximately 100-150 visits per day over the testing period. Through aggressive advertising, and more exposure, this number could grow 10x.
Those are 2 assumptions that are way too aggressive. 1000 visits a day and 5-10% conversion rate?

So 50-100 orders a day?

OP
OP
Cyberdeth

Cyberdeth

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Yes. I don’t think it’s too aggressive. What do you think would be reasonable visits and conversion ratio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2012
Yes. I don’t think it’s too aggressive. What do you think would be reasonable visits and conversion ratio?

I get around 2-4% conversion with visitors that are actively looking/ searching for my product(they're in buy mode) through search/ Pinterest. Scaling with paid traffic (Facebook) I've never got above 2%.

A better conversion rate might be achievable with google ads if your product is suited but I have no experience there.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

My guess is 100-150 visits a day with 1.5% conversion rate. So 1.5-2 orders day at the start.

What’s your experience in driving traffic to a website?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom