The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Joined 6 years ago, but Introduction nonetheless.

CSRelentless

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Feb 1, 2015
I am embarrassed and shameful as I type this. I learned about the Fastlane while in Highschool. Decided college wasn't for me. I was going to start a business and be a millionaire. Well I am now 26 as I type this, and realized I am just a wantntrepreneur. I have many businesses that I have started and ultimately failed, or should I say I halfassed and moved on to the next best thing.

This shouldn't be an introduction, but seeing I joined 6 years ago, and haven't been active, I feel like I should do this again. I have pushed everybody away from me, thinking, I was doing the right thing and I could hustle and create the life I wanted then bring people into it. Having all this Knowledge and knowing what to do, but not putting that knowledge into action as led me to this point.
Now 6 years later I am at this point, no friends, no contacts, and nothing to show for the books and knowledge that I have absorbed.

I have never worked a job, and have gotten by with failed businesses and hustling, but now I feel everything crashing around me. I am shameful at where I am at in my life, everybody always told me I was gonna be successful, and I have put on a façade like I am. Truth is I am stuck, and I am a couple of months away from losing everything. I know no-one cares to hear this, we are all facing our own problems.

Just wanted to re-introduce myself, and try to be active on this forum. As this is the only place I know to look at this point. I tried to do everything myself, but trying to self motivate and no-one to give me advice is taking a toll on my mental health.

I wish the best for everyone on this forum, as I know you are in the right place, if you take action on the knowledge that is here. Don't be like me and let the years go by not taking action. And if you find yourself in that position know you can turn it around at anytime.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Courageous to admit your failures. Kudos.

Success stories are great, but so are hearing about the failures as it helps us see the survivor bias.

So, You learned nothing from your failures? You don’t feel better educated on your next swing?

what kind of businesses did you attempt?

D

Deleted78083

I have never worked a job, and have gotten by with failed businesses and hustling, but now I feel everything crashing around me.

I have never made any money outside of getting a job, and seeing that you were able to survive six years without working one is, to my humble opinion, impressive.

I know you feel like you failed because you know you didn't invest enough effort into it, but to me, a real failure would have been actually getting a job somewhere to survive, or worse, live in your car or in the street.

CSRelentless

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Feb 1, 2015
Me and my brother started a logistics business 2 years ago. We are a 3pl broker. It pays the bills right now, but we are stagnant and not growing. I also have a business doing wordpress web design, which I haven't had a client in months. I have learned a lot about my failures , more so about my self. I feel like I have all the knowledge and tools, but I let self doubt , and imposter syndrome get to me and eventually give up. My problem right now is learning to self motivate and regulate. And thanks for the reply MJ, I know you are a busy man.

CSRelentless

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Feb 1, 2015
I have never made any money outside of getting a job, and seeing that you were able to survive six years without working one is, to my humble opinion, impressive.

I know you feel like you failed because you know you didn't invest enough effort into it, but to me, a real failure would have been actually getting a job somewhere to survive, or worse, live in your car or in the street.
Thanks man, I guess I never looked at it that way. Just not as far as I thought I should be.

D

Deleted78083

Me and my brother started a logistics business 2 years ago. We are a 3pl broker. It pays the bills right now, but we are stagnant and not growing. I also have a business doing wordpress web design, which I haven't had a client in months. I have learned a lot about my failures , more so about my self. I feel like I have all the knowledge and tools, but I let self doubt , and imposter syndrome get to me and eventually give up. My problem right now is learning to self motivate and regulate. And thanks for the reply MJ, I know you are a busy man.
Check out the book "personality isnt permanent". If not, i summarized the whole book in its own thread as a 20-day challenge.

It will help you out.

Glargster

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 24, 2021
Brazil
Thank you man, for sharing.

I'm struggling to change my mindset, to become an entrepreneur. I feel like the world would swallow me whole, and so, I'm stuck into a slowlane job. I'm reading USCRIPTED, and I'm coming here for inspirantion.

You have successfully lived over 6 years without a job. Even if you did make mistakes, that's impressive!

As a sugestion, I would recommend the Miracle Morning, as a complementary reading. Also, learning about Kaizen as well. The key takeaway is continous improvement.

I've been working on myself and I'm getting profound results!

I hope to hear more about you and your professional experiences!

CSRelentless

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Feb 1, 2015
Check out the book "personality isnt permanent". If not, i summarized the whole book in its own thread as a 20-day challenge.

It will help you out.
Okay thanks, I will check it out!

CSRelentless

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you man, for sharing.

I'm struggling to change my mindset, to become an entrepreneur. I feel like the world would swallow me whole, and so, I'm stuck into a slowlane job. I'm reading USCRIPTED, and I'm coming here for inspirantion.

You have successfully lived over 6 years without a job. Even if you did make mistakes, that's impressive!

As a sugestion, I would recommend the Miracle Morning, as a complementary reading. Also, learning about Kaizen as well. The key takeaway is continous improvement.

I've been working on myself and I'm getting profound results!

I hope to hear more about you and your professional experiences!
That's good to hear you are making progress! It can get hard sometimes when trying to self motivate, especially when you want out of your slowlane job and feel rushed to make something happen. And changing my mindset as been the hardest for me, one week I feel I can accomplish anything, the next I am hating myself and the world. I wish you the best and maybe sometime soon ,I will see a post of yours where you have quit your slowlane job!

CruxisKnight

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jan 7, 2021
Hey welcome to the forum. I too lurked for a long time before I participated. Business is harsh and I see myself in your shoes. I remember those dark times when I felt cornered. Even today I feel cornered even though I feel I shouldnt be. Don't lose hope. You can get a stable income for now like with a dayjob then do your hustle on the side to minimize the risk. I hope you come back here with a report on your success one day.

Glargster

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 24, 2021
Brazil
That's good to hear you are making progress! It can get hard sometimes when trying to self motivate, especially when you want out of your slowlane job and feel rushed to make something happen. And changing my mindset as been the hardest for me, one week I feel I can accomplish anything, the next I am hating myself and the world. I wish you the best and maybe sometime soon ,I will see a post of yours where you have quit your slowlane job!

One of the main reasons I'm here is this mix of feelings. You described how I feel. Somedays I'm king, others I'm a mere pawn. Thank you for your reply! It brightened my day!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...