• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

RANT J.Cole - ATM VIDEO Criticizing a Scripted Existence

Discussion in 'The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Mind' started by TreyAllDay, Aug 21, 2018.

1. TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay Whatever it takes Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,077
    Not sure if there are many hip-hop fans here, but this may still be of interest. I noticed something interesting this summer: Both J Cole's video for "ATM" and Childish Gambino's "This Is America" dropped around the same time. One received widespread acclaim for it's message, the other not as much.

"This Is America" perpetuates the myth that America is fundamentally a racist nation. A debate that I honestly think is meant to be another big distraction. But a majority of the media LOVED it and said it was one of the most important pieces of art ever created.

J Cole's ATM was a great video with some incredible imagery- it's a warning about a real issue: living a scripted, consumer-driven life. This is something not many hip-hop artists talk about, yet is a 10X bigger issue than racism. It didn't receive near as much acclaim and was hardly talked about in the media.

Surprising?

2. Sebastya

Sebastya Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $1,542
    Not surprising at all. Does anyone still trust the media?

TreyAllDay and Edwin Fernandez like this.
  3. Edwin Fernandez

Edwin Fernandez Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $269
    Yeah the media loves anything that fuels the "race war" because it sells. The media divides the masses based on the pretense that there is no middle ground on key issues.

Then conquer them with the Script. Problem, reaction, solution... repeat...Keep buying useless crap, don't look at the man behind the curtain!