• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Is it allowed to share client's work on social media, after modification?

Discussion in 'Asset Protection/Taxes/Legal' started by SheikhNaveed, Nov 8, 2018 at 11:44 AM.

1. SheikhNaveed

SheikhNaveed New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $23
    I've designed some graphics for one of my clients and want to share that on social media and on my blog for free. Is that allowed/ethical?

2. MTEE1985

MTEE1985 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,545
    Your question comes across as wanting to share them without your clients consent which suggests unethical.

Just ask them if you can share it. Be grateful if they say yes, don’t get offended if they say no.

Merging Left likes this.
  3. CareCPA

CareCPA Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,463
    I would always get permission first.
    Once you have permission, periodically check in with them to make sure it's still ok.

MTEE1985 likes this.
  4. Startup Steve

Startup Steve Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $332
    It all depends on what the contract says. I specifically put language into my master service agreements allowing me to reference the client material in my portfolio. This is particularly important to service-oriented organizations. For clients that don't want me to share the work product I charge a fee for that.