The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it a good idea to create a millionaire fastlane chat room?

Idea threads

Is it a good idea to create a millionaire fastlane chat room?

• Yes!

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I don't see the value in it.

The forum offers a more permanent and valuable form of communication for serious topics. One that can be searched and referenced and linked to.

Chat rooms are great when they are small and focused (like a mastermind) but "general" groups almost always have a lot of off topic chatter, low value questions, tons of new users who just want to ask a million questions and never answer any, etc...

And while I can't speak for anyone else, I just don't imagine many higher profile users here spending time there. There's literally no reason to spend time in that kind of environment other than as a distraction.

I know a lot of us on here communicate privately off-forum. Facebook, skype, slack, email, phone calls, masterminds, etc... but all of those offer very high value for everyone involved. The signal to noise ratio is very good.

General chat rooms have TERRIBLE signal to noise ratios.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I don't see the value in it.

The forum offers a more permanent and valuable form of communication for serious topics. One that can be searched and referenced and linked to.

Chat rooms are great when they are small and focused (like a mastermind) but "general" groups almost always have a lot of off topic chatter, low value questions, tons of new users who just want to ask a million questions and never answer any, etc...

And while I can't speak for anyone else, I just don't imagine many higher profile users here spending time there. There's literally no reason to spend time in that kind of environment other than as a distraction.

I know a lot of us on here communicate privately off-forum. Facebook, skype, slack, email, phone calls, masterminds, etc... but all of those offer very high value for everyone involved. The signal to noise ratio is very good.

General chat rooms have TERRIBLE signal to noise ratios.
""

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
While the forum members are of higher caliber, I believe having a chat would be similar to Facebook Live, where people chime in to say 'hi' or spam the feed with smiley faces, only to have the important questions missed by the host. As many thinkers have pointed out, we are selfish, and if that's an attribute with which humans have to struggle, the better alternative already stands and 'everyone gets their turn' in a forum layout.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
We had one years ago. It was rarely used and sucked up bandwidth. After about 3 months, I removed it.

qaerst

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 13, 2017
Antarctica
I don't see it becoming a great thing.
People will just flood it with questions that they can find with a 2-second google search.

But hey who knows , people might join!

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
Probably not but if you do, can you do it via a proper IRC server and not a webchat app? Atleast then you can have multiple rooms, a proper identity system with passwords (nickserv) as well as logging to text document for when you are not around. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.