rachelshi
New Contributor
- Joined
- May 29, 2021
- Messages
- 2
Rep Bank
$90
$90
User Power: 50%
Hi everyone! My name is Rachel, hot off the heels of reading Millionaire Fastlane . No joke MJ, your book has changed my life.
Introduction:
- Working in B2B tech sales for the last 4 years, sales overall for 6 years
- Worked as a graphic designer straight out of school
- Was taught NOTHING about personal finance during my childhood/early adulthood, which led to a VERY lost few years fresh out of university and bad decisions
- Adopted the Slowlane mentality after self educating, which got me to where I am today
- In a pretty comfortable position today on paper. My pay is good, I'm in an upwardly mobile role/industry, and am well respected and connected in my field
- That said, I'm definitely overworked, and can see the future unfold before me. The senior executives in the industry are all haggard, overweight, overworked and dead behind the eyes. I don't care if they get paid $500K/year, there's no way in hell that's a position I aspire to. And I know myself - there is NO way I want to be answering to some incompetent, doddery middle manager until I'm 65. Are you kidding?
- The fire was always there under me to work for myself someday - but the Fastlane took that fire and poured a whole bunch of gasoline on it. By writing this introduction I aim to hold myself accountable.
- I know I need to divorce my time from my income to truly achieve the success I'm meant for. I'm currently in the VERY early stages of beginning my sales consulting/coaching career - just got the website complete, writing my first course that I intend to launch in the next 3 months. I'm also in the process of getting into investment properties and aim to have at least 10 properties by 40 generating cashflow to live off.
- My dream is crystal clear to me. I want to live in a big home somewhere tropical, preferably in Lisbon or Costa Rica, with a bunch of dogs and surrounded by likeminded people, being able to wake up everyday being able to pursue my passions and go where my curiosity takes me. I've always wanted to return to making art and creating - which is something that my job leaves me no time for.
I'm excited to join this community, learn from everyone, and be able to give back wherever possible. For anyone looking to learn more about partnerships/sales in SaaS/tech, I'm your person! The best way to connect with me if not on the forum is on LinkedIn. Unscripted is also on its way in the mail - can't wait to read it. Thanks MJ for helping me achieve more clarity than I ever could on my own!
Introduction:
- Working in B2B tech sales for the last 4 years, sales overall for 6 years
- Worked as a graphic designer straight out of school
- Was taught NOTHING about personal finance during my childhood/early adulthood, which led to a VERY lost few years fresh out of university and bad decisions
- Adopted the Slowlane mentality after self educating, which got me to where I am today
- In a pretty comfortable position today on paper. My pay is good, I'm in an upwardly mobile role/industry, and am well respected and connected in my field
- That said, I'm definitely overworked, and can see the future unfold before me. The senior executives in the industry are all haggard, overweight, overworked and dead behind the eyes. I don't care if they get paid $500K/year, there's no way in hell that's a position I aspire to. And I know myself - there is NO way I want to be answering to some incompetent, doddery middle manager until I'm 65. Are you kidding?
- The fire was always there under me to work for myself someday - but the Fastlane took that fire and poured a whole bunch of gasoline on it. By writing this introduction I aim to hold myself accountable.
- I know I need to divorce my time from my income to truly achieve the success I'm meant for. I'm currently in the VERY early stages of beginning my sales consulting/coaching career - just got the website complete, writing my first course that I intend to launch in the next 3 months. I'm also in the process of getting into investment properties and aim to have at least 10 properties by 40 generating cashflow to live off.
- My dream is crystal clear to me. I want to live in a big home somewhere tropical, preferably in Lisbon or Costa Rica, with a bunch of dogs and surrounded by likeminded people, being able to wake up everyday being able to pursue my passions and go where my curiosity takes me. I've always wanted to return to making art and creating - which is something that my job leaves me no time for.
I'm excited to join this community, learn from everyone, and be able to give back wherever possible. For anyone looking to learn more about partnerships/sales in SaaS/tech, I'm your person! The best way to connect with me if not on the forum is on LinkedIn. Unscripted is also on its way in the mail - can't wait to read it. Thanks MJ for helping me achieve more clarity than I ever could on my own!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
