The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction

rachelshi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 29, 2021
Hi everyone! My name is Rachel, hot off the heels of reading Millionaire Fastlane . No joke MJ, your book has changed my life.

Introduction:
- Working in B2B tech sales for the last 4 years, sales overall for 6 years
- Worked as a graphic designer straight out of school
- Was taught NOTHING about personal finance during my childhood/early adulthood, which led to a VERY lost few years fresh out of university and bad decisions
- Adopted the Slowlane mentality after self educating, which got me to where I am today
- In a pretty comfortable position today on paper. My pay is good, I'm in an upwardly mobile role/industry, and am well respected and connected in my field
- That said, I'm definitely overworked, and can see the future unfold before me. The senior executives in the industry are all haggard, overweight, overworked and dead behind the eyes. I don't care if they get paid $500K/year, there's no way in hell that's a position I aspire to. And I know myself - there is NO way I want to be answering to some incompetent, doddery middle manager until I'm 65. Are you kidding?
- The fire was always there under me to work for myself someday - but the Fastlane took that fire and poured a whole bunch of gasoline on it. By writing this introduction I aim to hold myself accountable.
- I know I need to divorce my time from my income to truly achieve the success I'm meant for. I'm currently in the VERY early stages of beginning my sales consulting/coaching career - just got the website complete, writing my first course that I intend to launch in the next 3 months. I'm also in the process of getting into investment properties and aim to have at least 10 properties by 40 generating cashflow to live off.
- My dream is crystal clear to me. I want to live in a big home somewhere tropical, preferably in Lisbon or Costa Rica, with a bunch of dogs and surrounded by likeminded people, being able to wake up everyday being able to pursue my passions and go where my curiosity takes me. I've always wanted to return to making art and creating - which is something that my job leaves me no time for.

I'm excited to join this community, learn from everyone, and be able to give back wherever possible. For anyone looking to learn more about partnerships/sales in SaaS/tech, I'm your person! The best way to connect with me if not on the forum is on LinkedIn. Unscripted is also on its way in the mail - can't wait to read it. Thanks MJ for helping me achieve more clarity than I ever could on my own!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
Hi everyone! My name is Rachel, hot off the heels of reading Millionaire Fastlane . No joke MJ, your book has changed my life.

Introduction:
- Working in B2B tech sales for the last 4 years, sales overall for 6 years
- Worked as a graphic designer straight out of school
- Was taught NOTHING about personal finance during my childhood/early adulthood, which led to a VERY lost few years fresh out of university and bad decisions
- Adopted the Slowlane mentality after self educating, which got me to where I am today
- In a pretty comfortable position today on paper. My pay is good, I'm in an upwardly mobile role/industry, and am well respected and connected in my field
- That said, I'm definitely overworked, and can see the future unfold before me. The senior executives in the industry are all haggard, overweight, overworked and dead behind the eyes. I don't care if they get paid $500K/year, there's no way in hell that's a position I aspire to. And I know myself - there is NO way I want to be answering to some incompetent, doddery middle manager until I'm 65. Are you kidding?
- The fire was always there under me to work for myself someday - but the Fastlane took that fire and poured a whole bunch of gasoline on it. By writing this introduction I aim to hold myself accountable.
- I know I need to divorce my time from my income to truly achieve the success I'm meant for. I'm currently in the VERY early stages of beginning my sales consulting/coaching career - just got the website complete, writing my first course that I intend to launch in the next 3 months. I'm also in the process of getting into investment properties and aim to have at least 10 properties by 40 generating cashflow to live off.
- My dream is crystal clear to me. I want to live in a big home somewhere tropical, preferably in Lisbon or Costa Rica, with a bunch of dogs and surrounded by likeminded people, being able to wake up everyday being able to pursue my passions and go where my curiosity takes me. I've always wanted to return to making art and creating - which is something that my job leaves me no time for.

I'm excited to join this community, learn from everyone, and be able to give back wherever possible. For anyone looking to learn more about partnerships/sales in SaaS/tech, I'm your person! The best way to connect with me if not on the forum is on LinkedIn. Unscripted is also on its way in the mail - can't wait to read it. Thanks MJ for helping me achieve more clarity than I ever could on my own!
Nice to meet you Rachel.
I come from a tech background in software development and now I also do coaching.
If art is important to you, how can you make time for it now?

rachelshi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 29, 2021
Nice to meet you Rachel.
I come from a tech background in software development and now I also do coaching.
If art is important to you, how can you make time for it now?
That's awesome! What do you coach on?

RE: Art, that's a question I always ask myself. Fact of the matter is I've chosen to de-prioritize for the moment in favour of other pursuits (my career, learning about R.E. and entrepreneurship, etc.) It's a different part of my brain that gets used for it and I'm not in the right environment for it. I still get to channel my creativity in my day to day (designing the decks I use for work; helping with friends' logos etc). It's also not something I particularly want to monetize. I aim to get to a point where I have the free time to do it under the conditions I prefer to - which is pure expression!

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
That's awesome! What do you coach on?

RE: Art, that's a question I always ask myself. Fact of the matter is I've chosen to de-prioritize for the moment in favour of other pursuits (my career, learning about R.E. and entrepreneurship, etc.) It's a different part of my brain that gets used for it and I'm not in the right environment for it. I still get to channel my creativity in my day to day (designing the decks I use for work; helping with friends' logos etc). It's also not something I particularly want to monetize. I aim to get to a point where I have the free time to do it under the conditions I prefer to - which is pure expression!
Business coaching for new business owners. I do have a lot of experience in software so I get clients from that background.

That is cool. It's true that you need space to really be creative. It's good that you have the clarity on your priorities and on your plan.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...