The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introducing LunchMoney (Cody McCumbers)

LunchMoney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Sep 6, 2017
Texas, USA
Hello All,

I've been reading this forum up and down for a couple of weeks now and, firstly, I want to say thank you to all that have contributed. You may not know it, but your stories, ideas, and advice have motivate me along with many others.

This will hopefully be a short and sweet read.

A Google search landed me in this forum. This forum led me to many positive thoughts, actions, philosophies, and ideas. @MJ DeMarco throws out a book in 2011 that finds itself in my hands September 1, 2017.
BAM!
The last 6 years of my life make perfect sense.

Grew up in Georgia. Cared about nothing but Baseball, Books, and Family.
12 years old throwing 82 MPH! Each week my Dad gets a call from a team asking me to come play. We played year round. Some of the best memories.
14 years old slide into third base. Goodbye first knee.
15 years old first pitch of the game...Dead Arm.
Two years of healing. A fun, yet struggling senior year didn't land me much choice in baseball.

Luckily, I was pretty smart and entrepreneurial. Learned how to flip some money online and out of the pockets of my classmates.
Was active and successful in FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) and TSA (Technology Student Association) in school.
Junior and Senior summers I installed carpet as my first real job. $50 a day, until I learned what I was doing and worked up to $100 a day.

A week before classes start I'm like, "well I guess I'll go to college."

My 'education' didn't come from the course, however. I got more out of speaking with my Professors and doing my own research than anything. Not to mention some ventures into the stock market, some failed MLM and Network Marketing, product flipping and yard sales.
And a fiance.
A beautiful, crazy, alive girl completely out of my league. But a little over two years of fun, growth, struggles with there not being enough money.
I took a job at McDonalds' while still in classes my third year. Chasing hours, and chasing her, and one day my Professor tells me, "You know, you don't need a business degree to run, own, or operate a business."

*Light bulb*

I look at my family, which I refuse to ask for financial help (because they'll most certainly give more than they should), her family, (full of success), and her. I wanted a future with this woman.
No way I'm going to sit in class another minute when teenagers are building multi-million dollar companies.
Her brother pulls me out to Nevada (the other side of the U.S.!) on a construction job. (Hello life on the road).

Holy-moly the money you can make/save. About two months later, debts paid, wad of cash in my pocket, the job rolling up, we take a nice little vacation with the family.

And I'm at home wondering when the next job is. A few weeks pass and no call. My future brother-in-law is ready to head out somewhere, but she wants me to stay. So I'm determined to stay.

I start looking for a local job. Apparently, my McDonalds' experience lands me a management job at a private restaurant company growing way too fast.

60-70 hours a week for a little while and, no surprise, I'm single.
In everything I've done, I've come to notice the more hours you work, the more likely you are to have lost many relationships.

With my heart in a deeper, darker place than it's ever been those 60-70 become 70-80.

And I'm a 21 year old General Manager with a store doing $2.3 million in sales. I'm tired. I'm lonely...but not alone, ya know. I haven't seen much of my family or the inside of a church in well over a year.

I jump stores to take on a new challenge.

I jump companies for better benefits and fewer hours.

I notice my employees are my age or younger. Few older. My peers are a decade or two (or three) older. I realize that my job pays the bills and awards me a vacation once a year, but I'll never be able to feel comfortable. I'll always need to work no matter what the emergency. I wouldn't be in the hospital with my mother or father if they needed. I'd be flipping another freaking burger.

My lease comes up at my apartment. My gf decides she's too young to be serious. And I'm left wondering what I'm doing at 23.

After talking with my own brother, I call up the old ex brother-in-law and tell him I need a change.

And I've been in Texas for 1 year and 3 months. Student loans paid. Credit back on course. "Security" (cash) in the bank.

But I'm no closer to my family. In fact, further.
And most unfortunate, it's only one stream of income.

When the hurricanes hit two weeks ago, I got a sweet little two week vacation. No money coming in, but plenty being spent evacuating.

Congratulations, if you've made it this far. I said this would be short and sweet, but it's clearly not. I don't talk about myself often, so I guess it's easy when I do.

But this is where TFM has been introduced into my life.

In the middle of a hurricane, and packing up my apartment for a new move, I finished TFM, and already pumped out a dropshipping site with three sales.

And I'm not stopping there.
I'm still working 12 hours a day, plus gym time, plus my Fastlane time.

I have no set plan, except to keep moving forward.

Now that this is posted on the forum. I can hold myself accountable to it.

Thank you all who braved this read.

God Bless.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great introduction, I would have guess you were much older. You've been quite active at your young age, I'd say a harbinger of better things to come.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum. Don't forget to checkout Unscripted , as it dives into the societal implications of what you sense and feel, but can't necessarily see.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.