The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Insurance (Any Reccomendations)?

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
What auto insurance do you recommend or use?

I've been in the market for new auto insurance, and it's been a hassle. Currently have allstate, and their premiums with a good record are through the roof. Statefarm and progressive have been about the same with their premiums.

I then found GEICO, and they offered a unbelievable rate, however, I decided to pass. They have been playing cat and mouse with me, making me fill multiple mail in applications for small, minute errors, etc. Let's just say, the part MJ mentioned about companies depending on advertising and saw this company, I regurgitated.

Anyways, just wanted to hear some thoughts. Farmers has been the closest to GEICO rates, but its still a bit more, so I'm thinking about United or AAA?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
I have a good rate with State Farm, but I've been with them for 45 years. :)

Called Statefarm and their premium for the same amount of coverage was $30 less than what I'm paying now, which is still pretty high.

Maybe it's due to my area (I'm around Houston)?

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Geico FTW. Can't say enough good things about them. Two car wrecks (neither my fault) paid for in full, hardly any questions asked. I have a terrible driving record and am only 21yo, still pretty cheap.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Liberty Mutual is great. Certainly not the cheapest, but that's for good reason.

Their customer service SUCS (in my experience). If need be I can be on the phone with a real person in under a minute. They've never hassled me on a claim.

They offer accident forgiveness and usually excuse your first moving violation as well.

Assuming they operate in your state, they're definitely worth exploring.

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
I'm with USAA which is fantastic, but unfortunately for most you have to be connected to the military or a service member to gain membership. Uncle worked for Allstate corporate HQ several years and still retained his policy with State Farm, which says a lot. I used to have them and they were more than adequate.

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
Geico FTW. Can't say enough good things about them. Two car wrecks (neither my fault) paid for in full, hardly any questions asked. I have a terrible driving record and am only 21yo, still pretty cheap.

Well geico has given me the hassle and runaround. I refused to fill out the mail in application for a 4th time simply because they didn't see a name that was listed on the back of the application.

I'm with USAA which is fantastic, but unfortunately for most you have to be connected to the military or a service member to gain membership. Uncle worked for Allstate corporate HQ several years and still retained his policy with State Farm, which says a lot. I used to have them and they were more than adequate.

I wish I could have USAA, but my grandfather who served died, and my great uncle is the only one who actually has it, but I doubt he'd let me on it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.