The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

I want to start an online business, but I do not understand web design etc. Would hiring someone be smart?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

RockyBaby671

New Contributor
May 15, 2020
Guam, USA
I want to start a dating site. However, I do not understand web design, coding and such. Is there a way I could outsource the technical set up side of it and focus on the business side of it?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

dhruvsoni

New Contributor
May 30, 2020
India
I want to start a dating site. However, I do not understand web design, coding and such. Is there a way I could outsource the technical set up side of it and focus on the business side of it?
Of course, you can hire a team to do that. Everyone who do the internet business do not know how to code and that's perfectly fine.

The same thing happened to me when I started my business in the past. And even today I don't know to code. Here is how you can do.

- Go to an online market place like - Upwork.com (I prefer that).
- Put a post there with your needs and requirements (You will get quotations from different people once you do this)
- Go ahead and filter the best based on their experience, reviews, and price
- Assign them the project

Not much to do here. If people have got good reviews then they will work hard to maintain those reviews and will provide you with the quality service.

One thing I would like to add - Be clear on your goals. I talk to many clients of mine who want to do something but are not clear in terms of what, why, and how? Get this clarity and proceed. You will reach their faster.

You can always get back to me if you need anything.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Why a dating site? There is alot out there already

Odysseus M Jones

Serendipitous Loquacious Adventurous Gorgeous SLAG
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2020
50.4555° N, 4.4647° W
Why a dating site? There is alot out there already
Because he's 22 with 100k in the bank & the heir to his father's business, which he doesn't want to do because it's in the boonies & he wants to live it up in the big city and chase tail

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Because he's 22 with 100k in the bank & the heir to his father's business, which he doesn't want to do because it's in the boonies & he wants to live it up in the big city and chase tail
Ah same guy.... gotcha.

Boys will be boys

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Before you sink 30k custom developing your solution, try to rig it up with Wordpress first.

The backend can be a jungle of a mess as long as the front looks food. After all, you’re just testing your idea.

OP
OP
R

RockyBaby671

New Contributor
May 15, 2020
Guam, USA
Haha Jesus. Talk about positivity. You dont even know my idea. Have a good day.

AceVentures

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Apr 16, 2019
Houston
Obviously you can hire people to help you out. My concern is that if you're asking this question, you might not exactly know what you're doing. In which case, maybe you shouldn't be shelling money out quite yet.

If you've got everything in order, but the only thing missing is a website, then yea hire the work out. If you don't know enough about business and wondering if hiring a bunch of people will allow you to run a sustainable business - I'd say tough gamble.

Raoul Duke

You wouldn't get it.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016
Follow these three phases and be set for LIFE.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Is that the christmas poo from southpark? :D

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Of all the true business strategies I have worked through in my life, this was the true game changer!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
What is your 'why'?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Raoul Duke

You wouldn't get it.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016
Of all the true business strategies I have worked through in my life, this was the true game changer!
This is my current blueprint.... I mean, Elon Musk blueprint. whoops.

Think his Kickstarter campaign will happen by end of year?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
This is my current blueprint.... I mean, Elon Musk blueprint. whoops.

Think his Kickstarter campaign will happen by end of year?
He should send the underpants to space...more profitable

consignia

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 19, 2019
Why wouldn't you? Nowadays you can find good a lot of good web designers for very cheap prices.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Just a quick question, is it possible to communicate only via e-mail or text messages? I am...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock