The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have come here to make money and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum

BroadCash

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
May 12, 2020
Arkansas
Yo Yo =]

Found this forum from reading about marketing. I'm 29. About 2 years ago I set an ambitious goal of being able to retire by 30. I'm not quite there but I'm making progress. I spent a lot of time in school learning things that were interesting to me, but have shitty marketability. After I got out of school, I worked in IT, a 9-5 job. I worked in Silicon Valley and I was making decent cash but hated the cubicle, the corporate political games, the commute and the high cost of living. So I built up a side hustle via online courses and technical books. I make enough passive income this way that I quit the 9-5 and now freelance as a technical writer, and work from home at my own pace. I also moved to a remote area to start homesteading, potentially a for-profit ranch. Live is pretty good, though I live frugally and DIY everything. I'm still not quite able to retire if I choose to, but I'm getting closer.

One of the reason I wanted to join this forum is that I'm wrestling with a business problem that I haven't figured out how to solve yet. At a high level, I'm an SME (subject matter expert) in IT and I'm looking to create a certification. However, I don't think I have enough authority for customers to be interested in getting certified directly by me. So I'm trying to figure out if/how to create a certifying organization or how to pitch to an existing organization and get my fair share of royalties...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
At a high level, I'm an SME (subject matter expert) in IT and I'm looking to create a certification. However, I don't think I have enough authority for customers to be interested in getting certified directly by me.

The certification isn't about you or who you are, it's about who recognizes it as legitimate. What you need are partnerships with institutions who care about it, and possibly could have some input on what is required to be considered an expert.

Best of luck.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
They Live is one of my favorite Carpenter films, up there with the Thing and the Prince of Darkness. I see that you, too, are a man of culture. Welcome aboard.

as far as certification goes, I think partnering with some larger organization is going to be the way to go. To pitch them, look at it from their perspective: what do they stand to gain? Start there and see where it leads you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.