The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I built an APP for the forum [Download Not Available]

Anything related to matters of the mind

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
Hello fellow fastlaners!

I've been on the forum for a few months now and I saw that this forum didn't have a proper app (apart from the shortcut for the home screen).

I decided to take action and I built this application for you: it is very simple and fast, and has all the features of the Forum. (and completely free, you can save your money for your ventures ;))

You can download it here (Android only for now):

Link deleted :)

Here's what it looks like:

Have a nice day!

Update: I deleted it, due to some concerns. Sorry if I offended anone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 1578572524895.png
    1578572524895.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
An interesting and ballsy maneuver. I wonder what he'll say?

They say, "it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission."

I'm sure you didn't hook it up to any ads, or anything, right?

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
An interesting and ballsy maneuver. I wonder what he'll say?

They say, "it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission."

I'm sure you didn't hook it up to any ads, or anything, right?
To be honest I tried it with ads but since it's not my content I deactivated them :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I don't get it.

It looks like the native forum application accessed through a phone.

And you don't have access to my data.

What are you doing with users who join? Cataloging the data and then sending it to the native app? Because that's a serious broach -- as you are using my forum to generate leads for yourself. And you can install something malicious which would end up be attached to my company/brand.

I don't think this is appropriate.

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
What are you doing with users who join? Cataloging the data and then sending it to the native app? Because that's a serious broach -- as you are using my forum to generate leads for yourself. And you can install something malicious which would end up be attached to my company/brand.
No no not at all, I don't store any of the data and I don't send it to any third party. I can guarantee you that there is no virus, I don't earn money through the app, it just shows the FastlaneForum webpage.

I just wanted to add value for the users, but do you want me to delete it?

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
No no not at all, I don't store any of the data and I don't send it to any third party. I can guarantee you that there is no virus, I don't earn money through the app, it just shows the FastlaneForum webpage.

I just wanted to add value for the users, but do you want me to delete it?

I think you got your answer right there brother.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
To forum members... believe this person is young and still in high school... might not know the appropriateness of their actions or why this might piss off MJ.... just saying to provide some context....
Yes, you can tell easily that he means well.

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
Ok!

I didn't mean any bad. Will quickly take it down, so it won't bother MJ anymore.

Nice having feedback anyway! Thanks guys.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
@MJ DeMarco This is an example of the kind of app I mentioned to you recently in a different thread.
The kind I said could be easily done on fiverr, for like $10.

He doesn't have access to any of your back end data. For most intents and purposes, apps like these are glorified browsers. They're native apps, but WebView apps. They are created to display the mobile version of a site.. any site they want.
I found out about them some years ago, when someone published an app containing of one of my mildly popular sites, without permission.

I came across the app while researching a sudden spike in traffic around 2015. I tracked most of the spike down to that app. I didn't take immediate action against it, as I was curious. About a week later, the app creator contacted me asking permission. I let him know I was aware he already published it prior to asking permission. I gave tentative permission, saying I would monitor for any foul play or negative impact. It never had any that I identified, just more free traffic for me.

I did go ahead and create an official one for the site last year, built with the same technology, and it works just fine.

The Android Play Store is filled with apps delivering content from sites without permission. A common format is they aggregate similar sites into one app.
For instance, they'll create an app called "Greatest News App of All Time," and the app menus could include - Fox, CNN, PBS. Clicking each menu will display the mobile site of the corresponding news source, within the app frame. They slap their AdMob ads at the top of the app, and boom! They're in business.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
He doesn't have access to any of your back end data. For most intents and purposes, apps like these are glorified browsers. They're native apps, but WebView apps. They are created to display the mobile version of a site.. any site they want.
I will say, go with Progressive Web App. More features, easy to make. There will be push notifications, alerts, faster navigation, cache, stored thread for offline readings... etc functions.

Smuggo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 13, 2018
Or so called Trusted Web Activities. An application that you can download from z google store and it opens as a chrome browser but full screen. And it may work offline for same cases.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.