The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to overcome the Shiny Object Syndrome?

Anything related to matters of the mind

tbe2018

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
May 29, 2018
Hi guys,

I've been the forum for a while now and have read both Unscripted and Millionaire Fastlane in the past and loved it!

However, now I'm the phase today I'm deciding to do affiliate marketing, tomorrow I'm going to start a digital agency, next week I'm going to start a YouTube channel.

Even if I did the one thing, then after 2 weeks its the new thing again.

I know it's bad for me but it's hard for me to stick to the one thing and grinding it out since now the Facebook and youtube ads all over the internet like 17-year-old making $20Million on doing Shopify making you figuring out are your stuff works?

Please any veteran or successful entrepreneur help out my situation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

knz

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Apr 6, 2020
Hey man,

I see you talk a lot about 'you deciding to start a ... or a ...', instead of potential needs you discovered in any market or people complaining about things (= opportunity).

Maybe it helps you to make a list of all the complaints you hear about and all the 'needs' that you know off in any industry.
Then make a column for each of the letters of the CENTS model of @MJ DeMarco just to track what need or opportunity would fit this model the best. And yea, you might have to do some research to answer each letter of CENTS for the problems/need you find. But that's part of the process. So then, you can make an excel sheet with colums like:

1. Complains / needs
2. Possible solution (if you know any or can think of one, research/brainstorming might be required)
3. Industry (mention what industry it is)
4. Control
5. Entry
6. Need
7. Time
8. Scale
9. Score (like, how many 'yes' this one complain/need has for each commandment of the CENTS model, which can be a max of 5 of course)

Fill in the blanks and see which complaint or what need is something you like to have a solution for. It's about giving value to people, don't follow the money. When you find something, focus on this one particular thing. Set yourself goals, a daily structure, find an accountability partner if you want and write down your progress and steps on the forum for people to help you.

It's not that you need a business that is in line with the CENTS model, it can be anything of course. Though, I suggest following the model and see if there is any option that fits these criteria. You never know.

However, now I'm the phase today I'm deciding to do affiliate marketing, tomorrow I'm going to start a digital agency, next week I'm going to start a YouTube channel.

Regarding the above, I would suggest you re-read the chapters in Unscripted about 'need' and 'entry'.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hi guys,

I've been the forum for a while now and have read both Unscripted and Millionaire Fastlane in the past and loved it!

I know it's bad for me but it's hard for me to stick to the one thing and grinding it out since now the Facebook and youtube ads all over the internet like 17-year-old making $20Million on doing Shopify making you figuring out are your stuff works?

Why do you think you cant stick to one thing?
Do you have any insight?

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
Sounds to me you are money chasing. What need are you solving by starting the 100.000.000th YouTube channel on the internet?

Are you exceptional at something? Is there something people need but nobody is doing?

youtube ads all over the internet like 17-year-old making $20Million on doing Shopify
That's great marketing, not value-creation of any kind. Many of these Shopify gurus have been exposed on Twitter for scam.

You should learn skills nobody wants to learn because they are hard, instead of learning easy shit everybody can do. This is well explained on MJ's books in respect to barriers of entry.

If too many people enter one market, market shares become close to 0. Said differently, if everyone is trying to learn this Shopify thing, your chances of succeeding are minimal.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Hi guys,

You are already setting yourself up for failure, next week you are going to start a YT channel? Not today?

A digital agency, who cares? Who needs another digital agency, there is already thousands if not tens of thousands of them around.

For a new entrepreneur I'd recommenced you look into business's that are simple to start to learn the ropes. I consider business and sports to be fairly similar, before you get in the ring and start fighting it's important to learn how to throw a punch first!

How to move your feet around, how to block, because what happens in the business world, you jump in the ring and get knocked out by the guy that's been playing business for years and years, meanwhile you cant even throw a punch!

Take a simple business model and replicate it, you don't need to re-invent the wheel here. You can build a service business (fairly easy to start up) lawn mowing, window washing, garbage removal, gutter cleaning, house cleaning the list is endless. Learn how to deal with customers, how to market, how to sell etc. Or you can go for a product based business, selling anything really, it's not exactly about making money here, but about learning the process.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
And all the facebook and youtube ads with the people making millions on shopify are fake usually to sell you training courses (scam)

I'll give you the gist of a $1,000 training program for free.

#1 Have a great product people want to buy
#2 Market it effectively

Sounds easy enough right!?

tbe2018

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
May 29, 2018
Thanks for everyone the kind reply man. I've really appreciate it.

I've have making some internet money here and there like total $3000 freelancing from fiverr over the past couple of years. It's not huge life changing money.

Besides this I've start and pause many businesses as well like Shopify Dropshipping , start a YouTube Channel and posted 2 videos and stopped.

Bought many courses from different gurus and different business models over the years.

While I've send cold outreach email for business owner for my marketing services and got no response then I felt discouraged and move on to another thing.

Just running the circles around. Have 140 Watch Later Videos on my YouTube playlist, have another 120 downloaded training videos waiting for me to watch. Not including all the gurus video courses I've haven't watch yet.

Read 3 page of a single book and then leave it there.

I don't know which actions/ move should I take in a daily routine to move out the confused phase I'm right now. Every day when I wake up, I wanted to feel like being busy, do all the stuff. In reality nothing ever gets done.

I'm not sure what should I do right now at 24, going to graduate my university education this year and starting my career. While sitting at home , I wanted to make my time worthwhile here.

Just hope someone would shed some lights on me. Thank you everyone

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Every day when I wake up, I wanted to feel like being busy, do all the stuff. In reality nothing ever gets done.
It sounds like you`ve been doing that for awhile now.
Why do you think that is?
Do you have any insight into why you do the things that you do?

tbe2018

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
May 29, 2018
You are already setting yourself up for failure, next week you are going to start a YT channel? Not today?

A digital agency, who cares? Who needs another digital agency, there is already thousands if not tens of thousands of them around.

For a new entrepreneur I'd recommenced you look into business's that are simple to start to learn the ropes. I consider business and sports to be fairly similar, before you get in the ring and start fighting it's important to learn how to throw a punch first!

How to move your feet around, how to block, because what happens in the business world, you jump in the ring and get knocked out by the guy that's been playing business for years and years, meanwhile you cant even throw a punch!

Take a simple business model and replicate it, you don't need to re-invent the wheel here. You can build a service business (fairly easy to start up) lawn mowing, window washing, garbage removal, gutter cleaning, house cleaning the list is endless. Learn how to deal with customers, how to market, how to sell etc. Or you can go for a product based business, selling anything really, it's not exactly about making money here, but about learning the process.
If I wanted to do Service Based Business like Social Media Marketing Agency business model like what Tai Lopez teach.

How should I go from doing it, I have targeted Medical Doctors as my niche for this service, but just get stuck there.

There are so many specialty Doctors out there like Dentist, Chiropractor and etc. I'm not sure should I pick one or just blast it to all to them and see what ticks.

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
Thanks for everyone the kind reply man. I've really appreciate it.

I've have making some internet money here and there like total $3000 freelancing from fiverr over the past couple of years. It's not huge life changing money.

Besides this I've start and pause many businesses as well like Shopify Dropshipping , start a YouTube Channel and posted 2 videos and stopped.

Bought many courses from different gurus and different business models over the years.

While I've send cold outreach email for business owner for my marketing services and got no response then I felt discouraged and move on to another thing.

Just running the circles around. Have 140 Watch Later Videos on my YouTube playlist, have another 120 downloaded training videos waiting for me to watch. Not including all the gurus video courses I've haven't watch yet.

Read 3 page of a single book and then leave it there.

I don't know which actions/ move should I take in a daily routine to move out the confused phase I'm right now. Every day when I wake up, I wanted to feel like being busy, do all the stuff. In reality nothing ever gets done.

I'm not sure what should I do right now at 24, going to graduate my university education this year and starting my career. While sitting at home , I wanted to make my time worthwhile here.

Just hope someone would shed some lights on me. Thank you everyone
No offence, but you said you've read MJ's books, but from what I read you didn't.
You've been fed up some BS from these gurus, just like I thought.
You consumed too much (bad) information without taking action, and that's where it brought you.

Set yourself a goal, and just do it. Instead of learning BEFORE doing, learn WHILE you are trying to achieve a definite aim.

The only thing you can learn from Tai Lopez is that you can make money selling courses on how to make money without prior real experience lol

Last edited:

tbe2018

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
May 29, 2018
It sounds like you`ve been doing that for awhile now.
Why do you think that is?
Do you have any insight into why you do the things that you do?
I felt like maybe maybe I was taken so many people's advice and some of them contradicts to each other and that creates a dissonance to me.

Example:
person A says screw Fiverr, you should use Upwork
Person B says screw Upwork, Fiverr is definitely a better platform to use.

But both of them are indeed very successful.

This scenario has occured to me not only in this situation but many situation as well.

So it kinda make me stopped and not taking any actions.

I don't know who to share it with beside this forum, anyplace else where you show your vulnerability you'll getting yourself wallet into a deeper hole. Where they'll pitch you to join their consulting course and solve all your problems.

I've been suckered up by this situation where they held a discovery session with me and I share my stuff out and at the end of the day, they just earned my $500 for me open up and truly show my vulnerability.

So I kinda been skeptical towards everything since. What's the catch this guy talking to me this and that.

Not trying to get sympathy from any of you guys or anything, but my questions is how did you guys acknowledge this problem and diagnosis it once and for all

I'm not sure if it answers your questions or not

Last edited:

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I felt like maybe maybe I was taken so many people's advice and some of them contradicts to each other and that creates a dissonance to me.

Example:
person A says screw Fiverr, you should use Upwork
Person B says screw Upwork, Fiverr is definitely a better platform to use.

But both of them are indeed very successful.

This scenario has occured to me not only in this situation but many situation as well.

So it kinda make me stopped and not taking any actions.

I don't know who to share it with beside this forum, anyplace else where you show your vulnerability you'll getting yourself wallet into a deeper hole. Where they'll pitch you to join their consulting course and solve all your problems.

I've been suckered up by this situation where they held a discovery session with me and I share my stuff out and at the end of the day, they just earned my $500 for me open up and truly show my vulnerability.

So I kinda been skeptical towards everything since. What's the catch this guy talking to me this and that.

Not trying to get sympathy from any of you guys or anything, but my questions is how did you guys acknowledge this problem and diagnosis it once and for all

I'm not sure if it answers your questions or not
We acknowledge it same as you, by just admiting that there is something wrong.

Whats your goal? You say you want to take actions, whats the why behind that?

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Hi guys,

No better veteran entrepreneur than Sam Ovens. This will let you mindblown:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVqWN7IVzwU&t=0s

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
If I wanted to do Service Based Business like Social Media Marketing Agency business model like what Tai Lopez teach.

How should I go from doing it, I have targeted Medical Doctors as my niche for this service, but just get stuck there.

There are so many specialty Doctors out there like Dentist, Chiropractor and etc. I'm not sure should I pick one or just blast it to all to them and see what ticks.

No idea, but you sound like your strategy is chasing money and not providing value.

Virtual slap for you! Noone gives a **** about digital marketing agencies, they are a dime a dozen and filled with morons teaching a bunch of regurgitated information.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.