The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to keep your UNSCRIPTED Mindset when surrounded with MEDIOCRE People

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Hi Fastlaners,
I am a college student from India about to graduate in 9 months. Currently planning and building my venture, I will be freelancing.
People around me accepting mediocrity to such an extent that they know they won't be happy or live their dreams they are actively looking for 6 to 8 lakh INR ( 8,167 - 10889 USD)job.
Most of them are highly skilled in some technology. when talking to them I lose my UNSCRIPTED mindset and want to start looking for a mediocre job.

now here is the thing, I know I will hate my job (6 months internship experience) and I know I can make more money just simply by freelancing as I was approached with an offer of 9+ lakh and the timeline was 3 to 4 months which is more than what I will make in the job in 1/4 the time.

so my question is
How to stay unscripted ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Feb 15, 2019
I understand this. What's really helped me, and may almost seem counter-intuitive, is get to a point where you brainwash yourself so much into "unscripted " that nothing else is even an option. At 22, I am surrounded by many mediocre people. Dropping out of college though really helped get away from a lot of it(not saying you should).

It's part ego, part brainwashing. But after over a year and a half of consuming tons of podcasts, videos, books, and this forum, a job is not anywhere on the radar. When a "mediocre" person starts talking about their ideas that go against what I believe, I simply smile and say to myself in my mind "do not listen to this". No need to be outwardly disrespectful, but important to be intentional in your mind about what you will let in.

A very successful guy once told me, "the most important thing you can do is audit what you allow into your mind. Envision 2 bouncers standing at the "door of your mind" and they dictate what you will allow in and what you will not".

KenDunlop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Apr 3, 2021
Hi Fastlaners,
I am a college student from India about to graduate in 9 months. Currently planning and building my venture, I will be freelancing.
People around me accepting mediocrity to such an extent that they know they won't be happy or live their dreams they are actively looking for 6 to 8 lakh INR ( 8,167 - 10889 USD)job.
Most of them are highly skilled in some technology. when talking to them I lose my UNSCRIPTED mindset and want to start looking for a mediocre job.

now here is the thing, I know I will hate my job (6 months internship experience) and I know I can make more money just simply by freelancing as I was approached with an offer of 9+ lakh and the timeline was 3 to 4 months which is more than what I will make in the job in 1/4 the time.

so my question is
How to stay unscripted ?
I have the same problem! Most of the reason I'm on this forum is because I can't talk about Unscripted life with my friends, family or co-workers. The good news is that the internet lets you pick your company in a way. Make a point of subscribing to YouTube channels that have an unscripted mindset (I listened to a lot of Grant Cardone videos for a while and I've been a big fan of Caleb Jones for years). Put their speeches on your phone and listen to them. I keep Arnold Schwarzenegger's speeches in my phone for inspiration.

You may have heard that you're the average of the five people you're around the most. You don't have to be a victim who happens to be around; listen to material with the right mindset and it's like being around different people.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.