The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to become a legend

Anything related to matters of the mind

Aryeh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020
This question is not meant to be provocative, nor does it denote excessive ego, but pure and simple curiosity, perhaps to be put into practice one day (I repeat: perhaps). In your opinion, how does one become a legend in this world? How does one consecrate oneself to immortality? I did a quick search on Google but they seem to say a lot of rubbish and obviousness, so I wanted to rely on more experienced and knowledgeable people.
What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
No matter what kind of a legend you become, you'll never "consecrate yourself to immortality."

How many legends do you know who lived 500 years ago? How many who lived 1000 years ago? How many who lived 2000 years ago? 5,000? 10,000? Given a long enough scale, everyone is forgotten.

Living legends are extremely rare and not really appreciated as much as when they're dead.

Besides, what's the point? Why care what people think about you when you stop existing?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

This question is not meant to be provocative, nor does it denote excessive ego, but pure and simple curiosity, perhaps to be put into practice one day (I repeat: perhaps). In your opinion, how does one become a legend in this world? How does one consecrate oneself to immortality? I did a quick search on Google but they seem to say a lot of rubbish and obviousness, so I wanted to rely on more experienced and knowledgeable people.
What do you think?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
What do you think?
Legend's are made going through the process. Naturally, you have to be able to go through a lot of adversity, obstacles, road blocks, go through the pain to the other side and come out on top. This is a natural process. You always rise and fall and rise again. I never learned about a legend that didn't get refined in life by going through the experience. If you happen to have the right leaders, mentors, teachers in life you can move in and out of the tests, trials, adapt, adjust, and problem shoot.

Naturally, a legend is not going to be someone who takes short-cuts or the easy way. I used to think this way in 2005. Although, the hard knocks of life tells you it's the long-term vision. Blazing a trail into the unknown and facing whatever comes your way. Legends usually stand out from the rest. They are the people who you remember the most. The one's who teach you to be a fighter. If you don't fight your way through life, you end up giving up. Even if you do give up, you still get back up.

Aryeh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020
No matter what kind of a legend you become, you'll never "consecrate yourself to immortality."

How many legends do you know who lived 500 years ago? How many who lived 1000 years ago? How many who lived 2000 years ago? 5,000? 10,000? Given a long enough scale, everyone is forgotten.

Living legends are extremely rare and not really appreciated as much as when they're dead.

Besides, what's the point? Why care what people think about you when you stop existing?
I think of Alexander the Great,Julius Caesar,Genghis Khan or others,all of whom inspired and became role models and in their own way legends.
I agree that living legends are few in number (one among them I think is Michael Jordan)and that especially they are appreciated more when dead than when alive (just think of Mozart,who in his time did not receive the success he deserved while other good but unexceptional artists like Salieri received so much).
In my opinion,here it has to do with the fact that you have created something,that you have left a mark in this world,and that all these are recognized.On the other hand,in my opinion,if you do not live to leave your mark or at least something important,there is no point in living.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What do you think?

Do something legendary in history as evaluated by present day powers. Example: Nikola Tesla today vs the early 20th century.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
Maybe or may not be related to this. But sir John F. Kennedy once said
-Hitler "had in him the stuff of which legends are made"
-Hitler "had boundless ambition for his country which rendered him a menace to the peace of the world, but he had a mystery about him in the way he lived and in the manner of his death that will live and grow after him,"

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Beautiful poem
The point of the poem, at least to me, is that seeking out to be remembered after you're gone is kind of pointless. Your legacy will be whatever it is and people will say whatever they'll say... or not.

"A hundred years from now, a man on a loping horse would never notice." - old American West saying

Do it anyway. For you, your life, your freedom, to see your abilities and capabilities, and to contribute to the world.

Yogi_Fastlane

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 3, 2022
In order to become a LEGEND, you got to change the world, not just when you're alive but later as well.

How big of a legend would be determined by how long people remember you? How long does your Impact (action) last?

Religion: Lord Rama, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad etc
Language: Panini
Internet: Tim burns lee
Computers: Linda, Babbage

All the best though !!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.