• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

    Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

    "Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

    Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

How kindness and professionalism go a long way in marketing your brand

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Jeff Noel, Nov 29, 2018.

  1. Jeff Noel
    Offline

    Jeff Noel Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

    Messages:
    226
    Likes Received:
    322
    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2018
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Quebec, Canada
    Rep Bank:
    $1,531
    I originally wrote this in the following thread (Journey of a new entrepreneur in pressure washing & window cleaning), but I feel like this behavior is a marketing strategy on its own that can go a long way to establish a reknowned local brand.

    Someone threw paint on my motorcycle overnight. I found out in the morning when leaving for work. I was devastated. This was all my life, my passion, my economies. I still had $10,000 on finance to pay for it. The paint was dry. I took pictures, then called the police. The insurance later told me that it would require removing the frame to repaint it, taking the engine apart to replay the cover, cahnging all the tubes, replacing the chain, etc. - Insurance was ready to total it. My dream bike, gone ?

    2-3 days later, someone recommended me an entrepreneur in my area. I called him and he told me to meet him in his business parking lot. After chatting for 30 minutes right beside my bike, he told me he had 95% chance of success. The other 5% would leave my bike not in any worse condition than it already was. He assured me the vapor washing does not affect clear finish or paint at all.

    He is a real - REAL - entrepreneur and one of the kindest person I've ever met.

    He charged me almost nothing. I told him I was an administrator for the local motorcycle group on Facebook. I would help him save my motorcycle and in exchange, if things worked out, I would tell about the miraculous wonder all over Facebook. He literally saved me a CAD$5000 paint job (or a totaled dream bike) because of vandalism on my motorcycle.

    Not only that, but he didn't even accept my money upfront. He almost didn't even accept my money at all after he was done.

    It took 4 hours at first to remove 99% of it. It worked. For him, for me and for my motorcycle (which was literally all my life back then, seriously. I miss that bike...). It took him and I (he showed me how to do it) over 4 hours on the first session, which was just the afternoon before Quebec's national day, so everybody was expected to leave at 4 PM.

    A total of 2 sessions were needed, the second one I left the bike there for the night, and after hours, he washed and waxed the bike.

    Here's how crazy vapor/steam washing is (Warning, LOUD video, turn volume down):
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/kMAA6peqKAVDccWy8

    Before his work:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    The result:
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    After a total of about 4 hours of work, he washed, cleaned and waxed the bike, I picked it up at 6:30 in the morning before he opened the shop. I owe this man a lot. Here's two pictures I took the day I got the bike back from the shop:

    [​IMG] [​IMG]

    I had such a good time helping this man help me, that he even offered me a job as a pressure washer right after we were done. The day I leave my job, I know I can contact him for a few gigs if I need extra cash. This man taught to me how much vapor was awesome. He also told me he's able to remove stains on car seats (he does interior/exterior with the machines) along with cat piss odors and all kinds of odors (skanks !).

    So yeah, Pressure washing is in your interests ? Get a steam/vapor machine or two too !

    But more importantly, know when to take the opportunity to help someone in need... it can go a long way ! My few Facebook posts reached over 500 local motorcycle riders needing a good wash and wax job. The posts got shared hundreds of times and reached thousands of people in general.

    A week later he told me he was drowning in calls and kept hearing about the "miracle motorcycle job". To this day, I still feel like I owe the man, because this motorcycle meant the world to me. It was my dream, all my economies and my passion. He saved it all by taking the job, by lending me a hand when I needed it more than anything.

    Kindness. Legacy.
     
  2. biophase
    Offline

    biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

    Messages:
    5,977
    Likes Received:
    25,512
    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2007
    Location:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Rep Bank:
    $171,426
    Great story and it's definitely a great feeling when a business does what they say. And this guy definitely wasn't thinking about $/hr. He actually cared about you and your motorcycle.
     
  3. Jeff Noel
    Offline

    Jeff Noel Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

    Messages:
    226
    Likes Received:
    322
    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2018
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Quebec, Canada
    Rep Bank:
    $1,531
    Exactly. He somebody that loves vehicles and general. He also owned a motorcycle, so he knew the feelings we can attach to these things. He treated me like a close friend and did a perfect job.

    My bike wasn't even that clean in the showroom !

    He gave me so much value that I just shared a post about him again on Facebook, months after the incident. He won a lifetime customer taht will vouch for his work to everyone in need of the services he offers.

    Had he been focussing only on money, I would have thanked him for saving my bike, no more than that (probably).
     
    ZF Lee and YoungPadawan like this.
  4. Fastlane Liam
    Online

    Fastlane Liam Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    305
    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2018
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Rep Bank:
    $2,883
    Thats an amazing story. What a great guy! Why would someone throw paint over your bike like that? Absolute cunts
     
    Jeff Noel likes this.
  5. Jeff Noel
    Offline

    Jeff Noel Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

    Messages:
    226
    Likes Received:
    322
    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2018
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Quebec, Canada
    Rep Bank:
    $1,531
    From what I heard later that week, two other cars were painted during the same night (two nurses that were working that night). They were working at the hospital about 1.5 mile away from where my motorcycle was. The police thinks it was done by teens screwing around.

    Even though the bike is not mine anymore, there's still while paint marks on the asphalt and sidewalk in front of my appartment. It makes me think of the event everytime I look at it.
     
    Fastlane Liam likes this.
  6. The Abundant Man
    Offline

    The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

    Messages:
    866
    Likes Received:
    986
    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2018
    Gender:
    Male
    Rep Bank:
    $5,018
    Bless his heart

    Glad that there are people like this out there in the world. We need more people like him.
     
    Jeff Noel likes this.
  7. Fastlane Liam
    Online

    Fastlane Liam Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    305
    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2018
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Rep Bank:
    $2,883
    Don't wish for it. Become that person.
     

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Log In

Already have an account? Login here.

LOG IN

Share This Page