The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi from Malaysia!

Reza

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 7, 2017
Malaysia
My name is Reza. I live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I have read The Millionaire Fastlane and loved it for telling how it really is and providing useful advice. I am now halfway through Unscripted .

I am the co-owner of a printing company that is not doing so well at the moment due to a slowdown in the niche we serve. But even when things were good (ie. we had steady clients) we weren't really growing. My business partner and I were able to take home middle class incomes that gave us a decent enough middle class life, but our incomes weren't growing because we rested on our laurels and didn't really strive to grow our business. On top of that we were slaving away at our business and didn't really have much time freedom. We were basically living a scripted employee lifestyle with the only difference being that we were our own boss.

After reading TMF , I was inspired to build a lucrative business that provides genuine value which would eventually be able to run itself or sold for a decent profit. I want to have more time freedom and make enough money to fund my passions like travel. I am planning on leaving the printing business eventually as I have come to realize that the market here is over-saturated and that it actually is a commoditized business, where the only thing we can really compete on is price and there is not much room for differentiation.

I am now in the process of figuring out my next move and am hoping to get valuable insights here as well as share insights from my own journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Selamat datang!
I'm a Malaysian too...welcome!

Yup, slowdowns and commoditised businesses seem to be the sad norm in our country.
I see lots of printing shops in Brickfields area...they stay small, old and run by minimum wage workers usually plucked from the surrounding condos....so I understand.

To realise that there must be a better way is to begin on the Fastlane.

Do read the gold and notable threads...lots of stuff you can pick up. For a more advanced read, UNSCRIPTED is a good read. It will discuss further on CENTS as well as execution practices.

You made my day...it's a rarity to find fellow Malaysians here! I used to have chats with @Pilot35...but these days he's engaged with his online biz. Hope he's up though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...