The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Here to learn more

Shashwat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 28, 2018
Hi. I'm Shashwat and I'm 15 right now. I think I'm born in lucky times because I have easy access to information. I'm really good at Mathematics and above average at physics and chemistry. Apart from being good at them, I also love them. The reason I'm telling you this is because I was locked on my goal to become a software engineer because I will like my job.

I am also reading TFL. After a lot of thinking, I was in a dilemma. Now I have come to the decision that I'll pursue engineering and then start my own business. Reasons for this are very simple-
  • Unlike in America, if I fail in my business in India and have no degree, I will not be hired.
  • Minimum wage jobs suck 10,000 times more here and minimum wage is very low.
I have also decided that if I fail my first business I'll go back to trying to get a job.

Thank you for reading. Any criticism or advice on my career decision are welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome, Shashwat. You're getting started very early, which is incredible.

Since you're good at math, look into data science / machine learning. Focus on building as much software as you can and put it up on github.

Your plan is reasonable. I would add a couple tweaks, however. Once you're 18, start freelancing to get your feet wet. You will learn how to sell your services, how to manage a small business, and if you play your cards right, you can expand and build an agency of sorts.

I would also add another tweak. Work first, save a stockpile of money, and then if you fail (which you probably will, we all do) your first business, you can brush yourself off and get right back at it.

I look forward to your contributions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...