The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello, vocal coach here working on courses. Would love input!

businprogress

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jan 21, 2016
Hi y'all,

If you have any programs/books/etc you can recommend on selling online courses (especially how to validate your course idea and get some pre-sales) I'm all ears! There seems to be a lot of B.S. on that all over the internet though.

I'm Chris, I teach voice lessons & piano lessons in Tx. I've built a successful brick-and-mortar business, and I'm thankful to have given myself a job. The reality for me graduating was that I was afraid I wouldn't be able to even get a job scrubbing toilets. My parents helped me along until I got my business up and running, and then MJ, parent losses, slow periods in business that put me close to the financial edge, all worked as truth bombs to help me realize that I have to make a lot more money to have better financial stability.

So for the last few years, I worked on an online course, a few ebook guides, and learning with each round everything I'm doing wrong, and starting over.

I'm mainly looking for advice on how to get the information I already know is working well with my clients, and helping the random person dropping in on my website understand how what I do will help them, and then to learn from them which thing they are willing to buy.

What I can say from a mostly failed launch is that you want to MAKE SURE YOUR AUDIENCE BUYS THE FREAKIN THING before you build it. Easier said than done. But I'll press on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aeden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Feb 28, 2020
Melbourne, FL
It is true that there is a lot of hucksters that are selling get-rich-quick schemes. You're probably already getting good at sniffing them out.

There are a few people I trust when it comes to marketing and selling. Here are a few:

Neil Patel has a good post on selling online courses: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Creating, Selling, and Profiting from an Online Course

Brennan Dunn, creator of RightMessage, publishes on his personal blog: Brennan Dunn Consulting - additionally RightMessage's blog also has some interesting advice: Articles on Segmentation and Personalization

Finally, take a look at Rob Walling's blog: Essays | Rob Walling: Building, Launching and Growing Startups

Measure your sales results, make changes and observe the impact. Rinse and repeat.

Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...