The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello new world

DancerDanny

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Oct 18, 2017
UK
Hello everyone,

I'm 35 years old from the UK and currently 4 years away from finishing my current job. I've always managed to make extra money with side gigs during my career, the most notable being a concept known in the UK as Matched Betting. Unfortunately all good things come to an end, as it had a shelf life for various reasons. But I was able to put away a five figure sum which I now want to leverage and use for future ventures. I also picked up some Bitcoin for a decent price which is going well, so will see how that unfolds over the coming years.

I know my job is slowlane, but I intend to see it out now, as the pension provides me with a lump sum and a decent passive income from the day i finish , (40th birthday). I have come here for inspiration as I want to plan the next stage of my life (in the fastlane). I have no idea what I want to do yet, but have a belief I can do anything I put my mind to. I'm overwhelmed by the quality of information and success stories on this forum and hope to learn lots going forward.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

I Am I Said

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Sep 14, 2017
Canada
You're sure in the right place to learn lots. Four years is enough time to build something good on the side while protecting your income. What's your main area of knowledge?

DancerDanny

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Oct 18, 2017
UK
Hi Steve

My knowledge is varied, from engineering and outdoor surival during 20 years in the military, to mathematics and probability, which is self taught and allowed me to become a successful semi professional gambler for a few consistent years before my online accounts were closed. So i certainly have an appetite for controlled risk. I just need the big IDEA. Plenty of reading ahead, going to get stuck into the gold threads.

The LordExecutor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 11, 2017
Hungary
Welcome to the forum Danny!

Hi Steve

My knowledge is varied, from engineering and outdoor surival during 20 years in the military, to mathematics and probability, which is self taught and allowed me to become a successful semi professional gambler for a few consistent years before my online accounts were closed. So i certainly have an appetite for controlled risk. I just need the big IDEA. Plenty of reading ahead, going to get stuck into the gold threads.

For the beginning I would suggest to you to start reading non-fiction. I found that to be an excellent idea to have mental exercises and to give a though to different things I might do. It really broadens your perspective.

Although, please do not get stuck in a loop where you continually prepare for something big. It is worthwhile to go out there and to start mingling a bit. As someone said: Action without study is fatal. Study without action is futile.

Best of luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Danny and thanks for the intro.

currently 4 years away from finishing my current job.

You retire in 4? Is it a contract? (I'm guessing military?)

DancerDanny

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Oct 18, 2017
UK

That's

Yes MJ that's correct. I joined the military at 16 years old straight from school. In 4 years time I step into the big wide world to try and make a living for the first time in my adult life. I'm hoping my lack of exposure to civilian employment is a help rather than a hinderance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...