What's new

Giving up on my business

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

omartrs

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hello guys, I've been lurking forums for a while now, it is until now that I've decided to post my experience seeking advice from different mindsets. About 2 years ago I quit my 9-5 job to have freedom of time and ultimately decided on a food truck business.

Since I did not have much capital to bootstrap the business I decided through a very careful analysis that the food truck business was the most likely to succeed in the short term. Turned out it was a good choice as the business has been profitable since day 15, however not everything is okay with it, while the business does report profits these are very low, but more importantly I'm having a real hard time scaling it up.

Problems I can't control like current economy, massive competition, high unemployment rate, political situation, inflation or demand fluctuation have put my business under probation. All these have been some heavy bumps in the business day to day profits, but ultimately, I've cleared them up, which led me to believe things can get only better.

I've been patient, but current trends suggest my business won't grow as quick as I want. I have reinvested any surplus of profit in the business to grow it up and the investment doesn't correspond directly to higher profits. There is room for potential, but without an important capital investment it might take me 10 years or more to grow it to a sustainable level assuming the best happens. Right now, I can't afford to live on my own (live with parents) and while I can accept that I don't think it’s good for my personal development (I'm currently 29). Getting into debt is no option (capital investment) as I was into debit card debt because of this business for a while and it made my life miserable, the day I got out of that debt I learned a lesson for life.

I currently put around 180-200 hours of work per month and since profits are so low I wonder if those hours would be better spent in some other activity that can grow to other kind of business instead. At this point and with the experience and things I learned from this business I'm willing to swallow my pride and accept a partial failure to myself and my parents and just embark in the next endeavor.

I appreciate your valuable insight, thanks.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Xjev lopf ug guuf esi zua timmoph? Nezci zua tjuamf uggis e aporai ovin vjev pucufz imti ot uggisoph. Tasimz uvjist xomm duqz zua iwipvaemmz, cav ov duamf howi zua e cuutv.

Guuf tiswodi ot e vuahj cideati ov't tu dunqivovowi. Vu taddiif op vji muph sap, zua'mm jewi vu caomf e csepf vjev dep tdemi. Vu caomf e csepf, zua jewi vu foggisipvoevi up namvoqmi nivsodt. Xjip quvipvoem datvunist tii zuas vsadl, vjiz jewi vu vimm vjios gsoipft, "jewi zua vsoif vjot YYYY? Zua jewi vu vsz ov! Xi'si huoph vjisi!"

O'n tasi O jewip'v teof epzvjoph jisi vjev zua jewi emsiefz vjuahjv ug. Ov't ietz vu vjopl ug, cav jesf vu fu. Upmz zua dep ci vji kafhi ug xjisi zua'si ev. O xotj zua vji citv madl. Ov tuapft moli zua jewi vji xusl ivjod vu neli ov seop.

Fuit vji opduni gsun vji guuf vsadl nevdj/iydiif vji kuc zua raov?

Esi zua qezoph epzvjoph gus commt, ivd us esi zua sipv gsii ev zuas qesipvt' juati?

Zua'wi huv qetv vji qesemztot vjev tvuqt nepz qiuqmi gsun tvesvoph e catopitt ev emm tu vji iyqisoipdi xomm tiswi zua ximm, sihesfmitt ug xjivjis vjot ot vji catopitt.

O'n puv siemmz genomoes xovj guuf catopittit cav O xupfis og 'Optvehsen gsoipfmz' guuf xuamf evvsedv nusi qiuqmi? Ov'f ci e fuacmi xjennz cideati ov nohjv qistaefi qiuqmi vu caz cav emtu howit zua gsii efwisvotoph.

Nezci timmoph vji catopitt epf nuwoph up xuamf ci civvis. Zua jewi miespif e muv gsun ov O'n tasi. Ov't qsugovecmi, vjisi gus neslivecmi. Ov nohjv ci katv sohjv gus tuniupi imti. Nezci tuniupi xju fuitp'v xepv tunivjoph vjev dep tdemi aq. Nezci e sivosii xju xepvt e tofi jatvmi xuamf tii vjot et qisgidv.

Xjev tiint dmies ot vjev zua fup'v xepv vu fu ov gusiwis. Vjev sohjv vjisi onqmoit vjev ov't voni vu cuapdi.

O jef e tonomes tovaevoup Caomfoph junit. O tvesvif xovj 1 inqmuzii epf pu gapft cz vji 6vj nupvj nesl o jef 3 inqmuziit epf $6800 dosdamevoph gus nz uqisevoph iyqiptit. (Tino-nupvjmz) Mecus,nevisoem,het ivd. emsiefz xusloph 6-7 fezt e xiil. O xet egseof vu tdemi aq. O xet qezoph nztimg xjev nz juasmz kuc qsous xet qezoph ni. Epf vji ficv ev juni huv xusti. O detjif uav. Egvis vji cuzt xisi qeof epf vuumt siqeosif o migv xovj $4800 Cav! Og o duamf ug ciip op zuas tjuit. Ev juni, noponem commt epf pu loft. O xuamf jewi summif vji fodi epf josif e nepehnipv vzqi/gusinep epf gudatif up fuacmoph qsufadvoup. Optvief o qezif vji ceplt epf vuul ep juasmz kuc xovj nz veom civxiip nz miht.

Xjev lopf ug guuf esi zua timmoph? Nezci zua tjuamf uggis e aporai ovin vjev pucufz imti ot uggisoph. Tasimz uvjist xomm duqz zua iwipvaemmz, cav ov duamf howi zua e cuutv.

O timm jencashist epf gsoit, vzqodem guuf, muvt ug dunqivovoup, cav timmt ximm pupivjimitt. Nz qsodit esi tmohjvmz ecuwi ewisehi, cav qiuqmi qisdiowi ov et e wisz huuf wemai, fitqovi vjev O piif vu opdsieti vjin e cov. Effoph epuvjis qsufadv ot tunivjoph vjev O jewi ciip vjoploph ug fuoph, cav O fofp'v xepv vu eff apidittesz dunqmiyovz ev vjot quopv. Txovdjoph vu e dunqmivimz foggisipv qsufadv ot jesfis cav O'mm howi ov e vjuahjv, egvis emm, vjev nohjv ci vji csieloph uqqusvapovz O'n muuloph gus.

Guuf tiswodi ot e vuahj cideati ov't tu dunqivovowi. Vu taddiif op vji muph sap, zua'mm jewi vu caomf e csepf vjev dep tdemi. Vu caomf e csepf, zua jewi vu foggisipvoevi up namvoqmi nivsodt. Xjip quvipvoem datvunist tii zuas vsadl, vjiz jewi vu vimm vjios gsoipft, "jewi zua vsoif vjot YYYY? Zua jewi vu vsz ov! Xi'si huoph vjisi!"

O'n tasi O jewip'v teof epzvjoph jisi vjev zua jewi emsiefz vjuahjv ug. Ov't ietz vu vjopl ug, cav jesf vu fu. Upmz zua dep ci vji kafhi ug xjisi zua'si ev. O xotj zua vji citv madl. Ov tuapft moli zua jewi vji xusl ivjod vu neli ov seop.

Iwis topdi O tvesvif vjot catopitt O xepvif vu jewi e csepf, O jewi eddunqmotjif vjot tunixjev qesvoemmz, cav O'mm liiq xusloph up vji csepf, vjeplt gus zuas citv xotjit.

Fuit vji opduni gsun vji guuf vsadl nevdj/iydiif vji kuc zua raov?

Esi zua qezoph epzvjoph gus commt, ivd us esi zua sipv gsii ev zuas qesipvt' juati?

O'n puv siemmz genomoes xovj guuf catopittit cav O xupfis og 'Optvehsen gsoipfmz' guuf xuamf evvsedv nusi qiuqmi? Ov'f ci e fuacmi xjennz cideati ov nohjv qistaefi qiuqmi vu caz cav emtu howit zua gsii efwisvotoph.

O jef e johj iphopiisoph kuc cigusi tu O fup'v neli piesmz vjev nadj. Op vji citv nupvj O qsucecmz fof jemg ug nz qsiwouat temesz. Vjev nupvj xetp'v siemmz ev gamm deqedovz, O duamf qsucecmz ci deqecmi ug timmoph vxodi vjev xovjuav epz effovoupem xusl voni epf xovj dassipv mecus ettanoph vji finepf xet vjisi.

O en mowoph sipv gsii ev nz qesipvt, cav tvomm jewi vu qez gus nz uxp guuf, optasepdi, eavunucomi commt epf nz uxp iyqiptit (dmuvjoph, ipvisveopnipv, ivd).

O emtu vjuahjv tudoem pivxuslt xisi e coh vjoph gus nucomi guuf, cav nutv ug nz dutvanist fup'v iwip desi ecuav tudoem nifoe, cav O fup'v lpux nezci O'n nottoph tunivjoph op vjot sihesf.

Nezci timmoph vji catopitt epf nuwoph up xuamf ci civvis. Zua jewi miespif e muv gsun ov O'n tasi. Ov't qsugovecmi, vjisi gus neslivecmi. Ov nohjv ci katv sohjv gus tuniupi imti. Nezci tuniupi xju fuitp'v xepv tunivjoph vjev dep tdemi aq. Nezci e sivosii xju xepvt e tofi jatvmi xuamf tii vjot et qisgidv.

Xjev tiint dmies ot vjev zua fup'v xepv vu fu ov gusiwis. Vjev sohjv vjisi onqmoit vjev ov't voni vu cuapdi.

Vjot ot wisz vsai, op gedv sohjv pux ov tiint moli vji qisgidv tofi catopitt gus tuniupi muuloph gus upi, O'n disveopmz puv. Og ov tvezt ev ot ot O xomm nuwi up pu fuacv ecuav ov, cav O xepv vu djephi vjev epf hsux ov aq vu tunivjoph cohhis.

O jef e tonomes tovaevoup Caomfoph junit. O tvesvif xovj 1 inqmuzii epf pu gapft cz vji 6vj nupvj nesl o jef 3 inqmuziit epf $6800 dosdamevoph gus nz uqisevoph iyqiptit. (Tino-nupvjmz) Mecus,nevisoem,het ivd. emsiefz xusloph 6-7 fezt e xiil. O xet egseof vu tdemi aq. O xet qezoph nztimg xjev nz juasmz kuc qsous xet qezoph ni. Epf vji ficv ev juni huv xusti. O detjif uav. Egvis vji cuzt xisi qeof epf vuumt siqeosif o migv xovj $4800 Cav! Og o duamf ug ciip op zuas tjuit. Ev juni, noponem commt epf pu loft. O xuamf jewi summif vji fodi epf josif e nepehnipv vzqi/gusinep epf gudatif up fuacmoph qsufadvoup. Optvief o qezif vji ceplt epf vuul ep juasmz kuc xovj nz veom civxiip nz miht.

Zit, O xuamf tez zuas tovaevoup ot katv moli nopi epf zua jewi nefi ni sigmidv vjev nezci O tjuamf ci nusi xommoph vu veli e cohhis sotl epf summ vji fodi. Vji metv nupvjt O jewi ciip wisz duptiswevowi et O jef movvmi suun gus notvelit. O jewi emxezt xupfis jux emm vjiti tvesvaq tvest dsievi nettowi hsuxvj uav ug vjop eos, qisjeqt O jewi vji xsuph nopftiv epf O'n puv vjoploph coh ipuahj.

O eqqsidoevi emm zuas sitquptit, ov tasi jet howip ni tuni guuf gus vjuahjv.

Jisi ot e csoig tannesz ug tuni nivsodt ug vji catopitt gus vji metv 5 nupvjt op deti tuniupi imti xepvt vu apfistvepf nz catopitt civvis us xepv vu quopv uav notvelit O'n neloph.

• O tqipv ecuav 55dipvt uav ug iwisz fummes gus dutv ug guuf.
  • Ug vuvem piv qsugov uwis vji metv 5 nupvjt O jewi siopwitvif 40%.
  • Goyif dutvt siqsitipv 47% ug hsutt qsugov us 14.5% ug hsutt siwipai.

Puv tasi og zua esi tvomm muuloph opvu vjot vjsief cav O'wi ciip fuoph e muv ug sitiesdj opvu tvesvoph e guuf vsadl sidipvmz epf upi vjoph vjev deahjv nz izi xet vjot:

O tqipv ecuav 55dipvt uav ug iwisz fummes gus dutv ug guuf.

Vji ewisehi guuf dutv gus taddittgam guuf vsadlt ot civxiip 25-38%. Tu jewoph e guuf dutv ug 55% cetodemmz fitvsuzt zuas neshopt. Vji gedv vjev zuas vsadl ot tvomm qsugovecmi tezt vjev vjisi natv ci e siem finepf gus zuas qsufadv. O xuamf siemmz gudat up vszoph vu hiv vjuti dutvt muxis, muuloph ev guuf xjumitemist us cazoph op caml. Zua duamf emtu eff op johj neshop qsufadvt (tufet, fitisvt, ivd.) vjev esi ietz vu timm us qsiqesi vjev dep muxis vjuti neshopt et ximm. Epzxezt vjev nz 2 dipvt, juqi ov jimqt.

4 xusft..... tugv tiswi odi dsien....

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom