• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Getting Unstuck

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Janeter1nADrum, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Janeter1nADrum

Janeter1nADrum New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $12
    I don't remember how I stumbled onto this forum. I guess I was searching for direction, a way to get unstuck.

I've now read the free previews of both of MJ's books and I plan to download and read Unscripted today. It looks like the first 2/3 of the book covers what I discovered years ago -- we've all been sold a bill of goods about the way life works. Rarely does someone get rich working for someone else.

And so I started years ago studying how to invest in real estate using other people's money, launching various service businesses, but somehow I never achieved much success. I never managed to unlock the key to financial independence. At best, I've always just gotten by.

Now I find myself -- eight years before retirement age -- still struggling to make ends meet. My biggest fear is ending up homeless on the street in my old age, unable to support myself. I know I'm talented and creative. I've survived a world of hardships that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I've had very little support in life -- financially or emotionally. What I lack is tenacity and self-confidence to believe in myself and whatever idea I'm pursuing at the moment. (Because my habit is to drop the project when the next inspirational idea comes along.)

That's why I'm here -- for moral support and encouragement, for knowledge and inspiration. Two heads are better than one. Dozens even better.

Thanks, everyone.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  2. MB2

MB2 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $923
    Welcome to the forum.

You can make it. Read the books, lay down a plan and just take actions. Don't be an action faker because it's not a pretty picture to be honest.

3. NMdad

NMdad Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,143
    Don't fall into the trap of telling yourself you lack this, that, etc. It's poison. You can figure it out. Tenacity, self-confidence, etc. are habits & muscles you build over time--by taking action over & over, and adjusting & improving.

You don't have to build the next Amazon or SpaceX.

Do an inventory of your experience, knowledge, expertise, & skills. Decide what the most valuable of those are to others, then choose a market to target who'd benefit from your experience & who are able & willing to pay for help.

This forum is a goldmine of help. You're not in this alone, and you can do this.

MB2, BaraQueenbee and Janeter1nADrum like this.
  4. NMdad

NMdad Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,143
    Oh, so what's your next step?

5. Janeter1nADrum

Janeter1nADrum New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $12
    Doing a personal inventory, like you said.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.