The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting insider info on how manufacturing employees are trained?

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
I need to gain some insight as to how employees are trained on the manufacturing floor.
Basic things like how is a normal manufacturing engineer/plant worker trained on assembling equipment, how much that training costs, and any pitfalls they have with it.

Any ideas? There isn't much information besides some general safety videos on factories on Youtube, which is helpful but still doesn't give much insight.

Should I just reach out to a bunch of engineers and see if anybody bites? Try to visit some factories?

I work in this industry, and could likely visit some manufacturing floors. Just hoping to gain some other insight beyond this and if nobody wants me to visit the factory.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
A lot will be on the job training so not an easy question to answer.

If a new piece of kit has been bought then the manufacturer of that kit would do an initial training course.

Depending on what that kit is - ie complexity, it could be that everyone who eventually uses the kit has to be certified.

I am relating Telecoms here but pretty sure it would be the same.

BAE Sytems will spend £millions a year on training their manufacturing staff where as the small boiler manufacturer down the road from me will not.

So did you have something more specific in mind or what type of training?

Dan

mccallrt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 28, 2020
United States
I need to gain some insight as to how employees are trained on the manufacturing floor.
Basic things like how is a normal manufacturing engineer/plant worker trained on assembling equipment, how much that training costs, and any pitfalls they have with it.

Any ideas? There isn't much information besides some general safety videos on factories on Youtube, which is helpful but still doesn't give much insight.

Should I just reach out to a bunch of engineers and see if anybody bites? Try to visit some factories?

I work in this industry, and could likely visit some manufacturing floors. Just hoping to gain some other insight beyond this and if nobody wants me to visit the factory.

Can you be more specific to what you're looking for?

If you're looking for a standard process for training front line workers on the floor I would recommend doing some research into TWI Job Instructions.

I work in a mid size manufacturing facility. We use this site as a resource to help develop processes for training our front line workers.

Hope this helps!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.