The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

feedback on my app idea

Idea threads

luckyrice

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Sep 30, 2020
Singapore
Hi! I published an android app that let users take photos and input their product details from their phone (easydigitalize.com) and my app would help them generate csv files which they can then use to import products into their woocommerce/shopify. I wanted to make this app because I have a persistent thought of buying/making physical products to sell on woocommerce but felt a sense of dread at the thought of preparing their product listings one by one ( I have not got around to start my online shop yet, still not sure what exactly do i want to sell - I have previous unsuccessful attempts at dropshipping and POD :/)
I am now just wondering if this is a feasible product and if i should put in more efforts to market it? (I feel that even if it is not a feasible product, I have no regrets making this as I will probably need it for my own future online shop once I figure out what am i going to sell).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
What you need is sales. Find a way to drum up your amazing life saving app that solves all of these e-comm twitter dorks problems, go on twitter, offer it to them and then if enough people show up green then you can invest 100% into it.

If you can find a way to take money in exchange for selling the future too - then you can hire people to build the app quicker meaning more money faster meaning more Lamborghinis faster.

Also well done on actually creating something, seeing it through to the end and publishing it - you forever now have a developer portfolio better than 80% of candidates I see.

luckyrice

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Sep 30, 2020
Singapore
What you need is sales. Find a way to drum up your amazing life saving app that solves all of these e-comm twitter dorks problems, go on twitter, offer it to them and then if enough people show up green then you can invest 100% into it.

If you can find a way to take money in exchange for selling the future too - then you can hire people to build the app quicker meaning more money faster meaning more Lamborghinis faster.

Also well done on actually creating something, seeing it through to the end and publishing it - you forever now have a developer portfolio better than 80% of candidates I see.
Thank you for your suggestion, i will try my hands at twitter! and thank you for this "Also well done on actually creating something, seeing it through to the end and publishing it - you forever now have a developer portfolio better than 80% of candidates I see.", i feel better about myself now

Harsha Vardhan

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 7, 2020
INDIA
Hi! I published an android app that let users take photos and input their product details from their phone (easydigitalize.com) and my app would help them generate csv files which they can then use to import products into their woocommerce/shopify. I wanted to make this app because I have a persistent thought of buying/making physical products to sell on woocommerce but felt a sense of dread at the thought of preparing their product listings one by one ( I have not got around to start my online shop yet, still not sure what exactly do i want to sell - I have previous unsuccessful attempts at dropshipping and POD :/)
I am now just wondering if this is a feasible product and if i should put in more efforts to market it? (I feel that even if it is not a feasible product, I have no regrets making this as I will probably need it for my own future online shop once I figure out what am i going to sell).
A technical question to you how did you made the app what language did you use?
&& is the website made by wordpress?? (website looks good and clean)!

imprady

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 19, 2021
Are there similar apps out there? I tried googling and found one for importing excel but it doesn't seem like they have the option of taking product photos also.

If there aren't any apps, this could be very successful as uploading products is certainly a pain point for shop owners.

peddletothemetal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 5, 2021
YouTube could be a good channel for marketing this perhaps?

To monetize usually you'd go with a fremium model for this, i.e. they can use it x times a month free, beyond that they need to subscribe.

Glargster

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 24, 2021
Brazil
YouTube could be a good channel for marketing this perhaps?
I follow several YouTube channels, and most YouTubers make money by selling merchandise. Maybe they can also benefit from easydigitalize.

You can offer then full access to test your application, and then market it for you with their subscribers.
Hi! I published an android app that let users take photos and input their product details from their phone (easydigitalize.com) and my app would help them generate csv files which they can then use to import products into their woocommerce/shopify.
Very professional website!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.