The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

feedback on my app idea

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

luckyrice

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Sep 30, 2020
Singapore
Hi! I published an android app that let users take photos and input their product details from their phone (easydigitalize.com) and my app would help them generate csv files which they can then use to import products into their woocommerce/shopify. I wanted to make this app because I have a persistent thought of buying/making physical products to sell on woocommerce but felt a sense of dread at the thought of preparing their product listings one by one ( I have not got around to start my online shop yet, still not sure what exactly do i want to sell - I have previous unsuccessful attempts at dropshipping and POD :/)
I am now just wondering if this is a feasible product and if i should put in more efforts to market it? (I feel that even if it is not a feasible product, I have no regrets making this as I will probably need it for my own future online shop once I figure out what am i going to sell).

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 14, 2020
What you need is sales. Find a way to drum up your amazing life saving app that solves all of these e-comm twitter dorks problems, go on twitter, offer it to them and then if enough people show up green then you can invest 100% into it.

If you can find a way to take money in exchange for selling the future too - then you can hire people to build the app quicker meaning more money faster meaning more Lamborghinis faster.

Also well done on actually creating something, seeing it through to the end and publishing it - you forever now have a developer portfolio better than 80% of candidates I see.

luckyrice

New Contributor
Sep 30, 2020
Singapore
What you need is sales. Find a way to drum up your amazing life saving app that solves all of these e-comm twitter dorks problems, go on twitter, offer it to them and then if enough people show up green then you can invest 100% into it.

If you can find a way to take money in exchange for selling the future too - then you can hire people to build the app quicker meaning more money faster meaning more Lamborghinis faster.

Also well done on actually creating something, seeing it through to the end and publishing it - you forever now have a developer portfolio better than 80% of candidates I see.
Thank you for your suggestion, i will try my hands at twitter! and thank you for this "Also well done on actually creating something, seeing it through to the end and publishing it - you forever now have a developer portfolio better than 80% of candidates I see.", i feel better about myself now

Harsha Vardhan

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 7, 2020
INDIA
Hi! I published an android app that let users take photos and input their product details from their phone (easydigitalize.com) and my app would help them generate csv files which they can then use to import products into their woocommerce/shopify. I wanted to make this app because I have a persistent thought of buying/making physical products to sell on woocommerce but felt a sense of dread at the thought of preparing their product listings one by one ( I have not got around to start my online shop yet, still not sure what exactly do i want to sell - I have previous unsuccessful attempts at dropshipping and POD :/)
I am now just wondering if this is a feasible product and if i should put in more efforts to market it? (I feel that even if it is not a feasible product, I have no regrets making this as I will probably need it for my own future online shop once I figure out what am i going to sell).
A technical question to you how did you made the app what language did you use?
&& is the website made by wordpress?? (website looks good and clean)!

imprady

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 19, 2021
Are there similar apps out there? I tried googling and found one for importing excel but it doesn't seem like they have the option of taking product photos also.

If there aren't any apps, this could be very successful as uploading products is certainly a pain point for shop owners.

peddletothemetal

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 5, 2021
YouTube could be a good channel for marketing this perhaps?

To monetize usually you'd go with a fremium model for this, i.e. they can use it x times a month free, beyond that they need to subscribe.

Glargster

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 24, 2021
Brazil
YouTube could be a good channel for marketing this perhaps?
I follow several YouTube channels, and most YouTubers make money by selling merchandise. Maybe they can also benefit from easydigitalize.

You can offer then full access to test your application, and then market it for you with their subscribers.
Hi! I published an android app that let users take photos and input their product details from their phone (easydigitalize.com) and my app would help them generate csv files which they can then use to import products into their woocommerce/shopify.
Very professional website!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
I attended the live session, really loved it! It gives some useful and practical tips on how to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Three things: 1. Discord Chat is open. Click here for free access. 2. New YouTube Channel...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Its for students who have joined. Did you sign up? Hey Rob, been watching your infoproduct and...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom