The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Evidence that Validates the Sidewalk Concept

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

G

Guest6814

The other day, waiting for a red light to change, I looked around and noticed more detail about a run-down apartment building that I’d passed many times before. The place had boarded-up windows, an unkempt lawn, and even a sign that read “This property closed to the public.” It was probably a condemned building. Most striking was that there were no fewer than six little satellite dishes attached to the building in various spots!

That sight was revelatory, another example of people turning to satellite TV to drown out the misery of their poverty-stricken lives. The former residents had money for TV, but not for their lawn? Or to fix up the building? Or to take steps to improve their lots?

Very interesting.

Aunt Clyde

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 14, 2018
Long Island, NY
The other day, waiting for a red light to change, I looked around and noticed more detail about a run-down apartment building that I’d passed many times before. The place had boarded-up windows, an unkempt lawn, and even a sign that read “This property closed to the public.” It was probably a condemned building. Most striking was that there were no fewer than six little satellite dishes attached to the building in various spots!

That sight was revelatory, another example of people turning to satellite TV to drown out the misery of their poverty-stricken lives. The former residents had money for TV, but not for their lawn? Or to fix up the building? Or to take steps to improve their lots?

Very interesting.
It also shows the inability or refusal to delay gratification.

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
Our neighbor who works in his garden at least 10 hours per week, raking, removing stuff, watering plants etc. and the people that are walking through here, commenting on how beautiful his garden looks and how lucky he must be to have such a fulfilling hobby. Yep...

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I watch LivePD every once in awhile and notice that the folks living in trailer parks have nicer/newer/bigger iPhones than me.

Just saying...

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Our neighbor who works in his garden at least 10 hours per week, raking, removing stuff, watering plants etc. and the people that are walking through here, commenting on how beautiful his garden looks and how lucky he must be to have such a fulfilling hobby. Yep...
Hey for us veg/herb gardeners it is fulfilling! lol.

Maybe not at 10 hours a week though.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Read the free book, some excellent insights. I also did the website quiz and I did a visual on a...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom