The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Evidence that Validates the Sidewalk Concept

natew

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
The other day, waiting for a red light to change, I looked around and noticed more detail about a run-down apartment building that I’d passed many times before. The place had boarded-up windows, an unkempt lawn, and even a sign that read “This property closed to the public.” It was probably a condemned building. Most striking was that there were no fewer than six little satellite dishes attached to the building in various spots!

That sight was revelatory, another example of people turning to satellite TV to drown out the misery of their poverty-stricken lives. The former residents had money for TV, but not for their lawn? Or to fix up the building? Or to take steps to improve their lots?

Very interesting.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Aunt Clyde

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 14, 2018
Long Island, NY
The other day, waiting for a red light to change, I looked around and noticed more detail about a run-down apartment building that I’d passed many times before. The place had boarded-up windows, an unkempt lawn, and even a sign that read “This property closed to the public.” It was probably a condemned building. Most striking was that there were no fewer than six little satellite dishes attached to the building in various spots!

That sight was revelatory, another example of people turning to satellite TV to drown out the misery of their poverty-stricken lives. The former residents had money for TV, but not for their lawn? Or to fix up the building? Or to take steps to improve their lots?

Very interesting.
It also shows the inability or refusal to delay gratification.

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
Our neighbor who works in his garden at least 10 hours per week, raking, removing stuff, watering plants etc. and the people that are walking through here, commenting on how beautiful his garden looks and how lucky he must be to have such a fulfilling hobby. Yep...

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I watch LivePD every once in awhile and notice that the folks living in trailer parks have nicer/newer/bigger iPhones than me.

Just saying...

PizzaOnTheRoof

1% Better Every Day
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Our neighbor who works in his garden at least 10 hours per week, raking, removing stuff, watering plants etc. and the people that are walking through here, commenting on how beautiful his garden looks and how lucky he must be to have such a fulfilling hobby. Yep...
Hey for us veg/herb gardeners it is fulfilling! lol.

Maybe not at 10 hours a week though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom