The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does Business Really Boil Down to Product + Marketing?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Nice_home

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 19, 2019
I actually studied writing and art in school, and through a series of life events found myself deeply involved in business and entrepreneurship; quite a different path than I expected. That said, I recently got thinking about “finished” work, in both writing and art. Which lead me to the following thought involving business:

Writing is to Publishing as
Art is to Exhibiting as
Business is to Marketing

I mean I know from experience that in business there other things, like leadership, cash management, etc, etc. But does it pretty much boil down to this?

In business, you create a product or service, and then you share it with the world? Pretty much the same process as with writing or art? What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
You're 1 step ahead of yourself.

A business boils down to solving a NEED. Then it's all about product and marketing for to solve or help that need.

If there's no strong need that you're solving with your product, the marketing will just help you kill it more quickly.

Imagine you create a new line of black ball point pens and spend $1,000,000 marketing it. Do you think that will be a success? Of course not. No one really needs a better black ball point pen, they are cheap and easily available. Even if it's the best black ball point pen since sliced bread.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.