The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Deleting Mental Painkillers around you. NOW!

Anything related to matters of the mind

ChristianAnthony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
May 30, 2023
Introduction-
Hello to all. This is my first post to the fast lane forum and I wanted to share something that I've been thinking about that I need feed back on.

For context, I'm a 20-year-old engineering student that hasn't done anything significantly entrepreneurial in my life. Sitting in a cubicaI following the typical career path seemed bleak to me so I started to get interested in entrepreneurship. I picked up the Millionaire Fastlane and here we are (I'm about 75% finished with it.).

The work required-

I've recently started a crusade into acquiring skills (copy writing/market research for my product) that can lead me to personal freedom and wealth (as defined in the book) as soon as possible. I've been reading Cal Newports book "Deep Work" to help me build optimal work ethics and practices.

Maintaining Discipline-

At first I had a lot of excitment around this whole project and things seemed to be looking bright, but after a few weeks I started to lose interest and my progress halted. I became lazy. The intial motivation was unsustainable.

What made me lose motivation-

I believe I lost motivation because my life is just good enough to where making it big in entreprenership seemed like too much work.

I'm getting a well paying degree in engineering and like any other Gen Z 20-something-year-old in college I like spending a lot of my time on social media and other frivilous free injections of dopamine. I'm an addict.

I'm afraid of getting stuck on the slowlane path, but I'm just not sick and tired of being sick and tired yet.

My plan-

It seems pretty basic, but I plan to polarize my life to where I remove as much cheap luxury as possible to switch my mindset to better things. In essence, I need to get rid of the mental painkillers and start feeling the pain of my current reality and potential future reality to create a sustainable stream of motivation.

1. No social media of any kind that isn't educational
  2. No video games
  3. No movies or TV shows
My mindset is to be greatful for the discomfort I feel seperating myself from these luxuries because it will bring me closer to being the type of person I want to be.

Discussion-

I welcome any criticism or comments to my plan and where I'm at in my journey now.

I plan on documenting any significant changes to my work attitude as I implement my plan in this discussion thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DreamLund

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Apr 2, 2023
Scandinavia
Introduction-
Hello to all. This is my first post to the fast lane forum and I wanted to share something that I've been thinking about that I need feed back on.

For context, I'm a 20-year-old engineering student that hasn't done anything significantly entrepreneurial in my life. Sitting in a cubicaI following the typical career path seemed bleak to me so I started to get interested in entrepreneurship. I picked up the Millionaire Fastlane and here we are (I'm about 75% finished with it.).

The work required-

I've recently started a crusade into acquiring skills (copy writing/market research for my product) that can lead me to personal freedom and wealth (as defined in the book) as soon as possible. I've been reading Cal Newports book "Deep Work" to help me build optimal work ethics and practices.

Maintaining Discipline-

At first I had a lot of excitment around this whole project and things seemed to be looking bright, but after a few weeks I started to lose interest and my progress halted. I became lazy. The intial motivation was unsustainable.

What made me lose motivation-

I believe I lost motivation because my life is just good enough to where making it big in entreprenership seemed like too much work.

I'm getting a well paying degree in engineering and like any other Gen Z 20-something-year-old in college I like spending a lot of my time on social media and other frivilous free injections of dopamine. I'm an addict.

I'm afraid of getting stuck on the slowlane path, but I'm just not sick and tired of being sick and tired yet.

My plan-

It seems pretty basic, but I plan to polarize my life to where I remove as much cheap luxury as possible to switch my mindset to better things. In essence, I need to get rid of the mental painkillers and start feeling the pain of my current reality and potential future reality to create a sustainable stream of motivation.

1. No social media of any kind that isn't educational
  2. No video games
  3. No movies or TV shows
My mindset is to be greatful for the discomfort I feel seperating myself from these luxuries because it will bring me closer to being the type of person I want to be.

Discussion-

I welcome any criticism or comments to my plan and where I'm at in my journey now.

I plan on documenting any significant changes to my work attitude as I implement my plan in this discussion thread.
Well written! Welcome to the Forum!
I definiently belive that this will make you see your reality more clearly. I also belive in the documentation part of your implemented changes as you’ll write them down and make them more ”permanent”.

Actually.. thanks for writing this. I’m a bit biased, because I’m in the EXACT same situation and I’ve been thinking about doing exactly what you have written. Looking forward to follow you:)

crystal_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
May 20, 2023
Welcome man. How much have you looked into AI/ChatGPT recently? That's the first thing that came to mind when you mentioned your age, since I think that's largely where things are headed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.