The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Credibility: Why Believe Any Writer/Speaker/Guru?

KKOPPI

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 15, 2019
AMSTERDAM
I'm really puzzled by this. I wanna pursue my fastlane-ambitions but I find myself questioning any book or testimony on this topic: since I'm using their resources, it's a way for them to get money. A lot of wolves in sheep's clothing here, and it makes me question everything. Having a hard time following the right advice. How do you guys deal with this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

KKOPPI

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 15, 2019
AMSTERDAM
Do you view making money as a bad thing?

What I view as a bad thing is folks getting rich by only pretending they are.
And I'm not talking about spicing up your sales pitch with little lies; I'm talking about posing with Lambos and stacks of cash while it's not yours in order to gain credibility.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
It's good that you are asking question to yourself.
It's healthy to take a grain of salt.
Your post reminds me this book: As a Man Thinketh - James Allen

arl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 16, 2019
You are right to be skeptical. You need to ask yourself if the guru himselft made his money the way he is teaching you to do it, or he made the money selling the method that he never implemented / worked for him.

In the end there is no guarantees of anything. You need to test for yourself what works and what doesn't for you.

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
I think this is easier than people think...

What have they built that's tangible?
Can you Google their company and results quickly come up?
Does their product or service provide value and help others?

From the sound of your post, you don't want to listen to anybody who got rich by telling other's on how to get rich... which I completely understand.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
You're only paranoid if they're NOT out to get you... and they're definitely all out to get you.

Trust no one.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Have you read Millionaire Fastlane ?
If so you're good.

Have you read any Rich Dad Poor Dad?
If so you read a book written by a guide that made his millions off selling a book telling you how to be rich.

Browse through this forum you'll find approved books.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
I'm really puzzled by this. I wanna pursue my fastlane-ambitions but I find myself questioning any book or testimony on this topic: since I'm using their resources, it's a way for them to get money. A lot of wolves in sheep's clothing here, and it makes me question everything. Having a hard time following the right advice. How do you guys deal with this?

I found this place by testing advice from people. If it checked out, I kept applying their advice. Then I followed the trail from where they learned.

This led me to here when I Googled something about cold calling.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Generally just take it with a grain of salt. I try not to follow "gurus" too much except for a select few, but just like MJ talks about - the main thing to look out for is people selling what they don't practice - which is largely all of them. IE: I get a TON of ads for gurus/coaches/books on how to sell affiliate products on amazon or becoming a social media consultant, if it's so profitable why aren't you doing it.

I think we all agree CENTS is the grail, which is why we're here on this forum. I got a few chapters into gary v's book and noted that becoming a "youtube influencer" doesn't give me any control over the business.

Like I said - not big on gurus. I read whatever technical information I need to know for my business. I had a problem with sales so I looked for some suggestions on sales/prospecting books. I'm currently having issues building out my software UI so I'm taking a course on coursera about UI.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.