• The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.

Creating a teaching portal

AT112233

New Contributor
Hi guys,

I've created a math course: 10 vid lectures, each 5 minutes long & tons of practice problems (in pdf format). Let's call it "Course 1". I will be creating Course 2 & Course 3 in next few months. Courses 1-3 are taught in high school math class as a year-long "Calculus" course. I am tutoring 2 students in this currently. I have put stuff on Youtube and will be putting up my course on UDemy shortly.

Example of my lecture: youtube.com/watch?v=s4oPZHSqr1o . Another point of note: I'll be marketing to American students and I have an accent. My regular tutoring students dont seem to have a problem with it.

I want to combine Courses 1+2+3 and sell it as a paid monthly subscription. Target will be high school students.

Any ideas on how I should proceed? Should I make Courses 2 & 3 first? Or should I focus on marketing Course 1? Should I make rough-n-ready versions on Course 2 & 3 and get the subscription website up and start marketing? I'm ready to continually edit my course.

Direct competitors: A similar UDemy course that has sold to 45k students and the website Brilliant.org. So I have used them for inspiration - but I can do so much better than both venues for this course!

My USP: free videos with tons of practice problems for students.

thanks so much!

AT

(really just looking for support & guidance from people who have done something this before!)

Last edited:

AT112233

New Contributor
Hi guys,

I've created a math course: 10 vid lectures, each 5 minutes long & tons of practice problems (in pdf format). Let's call it "Course 1". I will be creating Course 2 & Course 3 in next few months. Courses 1-3 are taught in high school math class as a year-long "Calculus" course. I am tutoring 2 students in this currently. I have put stuff on Youtube and will be putting up my course on UDemy shortly.

Example of my lecture: youtube.com/watch?v=s4oPZHSqr1o . Another point of note: I'll be marketing to American students and I have an accent. My regular tutoring students dont seem to have a problem with it.

I want to combine Courses 1+2+3 and sell it as a paid monthly subscription. Target will be high school students.

Any ideas on how I should proceed? Should I make Courses 2 & 3 first? Or should I focus on marketing Course 1? Should I make rough-n-ready versions on Course 2 & 3 and get the subscription website up and start marketing? I'm ready to continually edit my course.

Direct competitors: A similar UDemy course that has sold to 45k students and the website Brilliant.org. So I have used them for inspiration - but I can do so much better than both venues for this course!

My USP: free videos with tons of practice problems for students.

thanks so much!

AT

(really just looking for support & guidance from people who have done something this before!)