The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Creating a teaching portal

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

AT112233

New Contributor
Dec 24, 2018
New York, NY
Hi guys,

I've created a math course: 10 vid lectures, each 5 minutes long & tons of practice problems (in pdf format). Let's call it "Course 1". I will be creating Course 2 & Course 3 in next few months. Courses 1-3 are taught in high school math class as a year-long "Calculus" course. I am tutoring 2 students in this currently. I have put stuff on Youtube and will be putting up my course on UDemy shortly.

Example of my lecture: youtube.com/watch?v=s4oPZHSqr1o . Another point of note: I'll be marketing to American students and I have an accent. My regular tutoring students dont seem to have a problem with it.

I want to combine Courses 1+2+3 and sell it as a paid monthly subscription. Target will be high school students.

Any ideas on how I should proceed? Should I make Courses 2 & 3 first? Or should I focus on marketing Course 1? Should I make rough-n-ready versions on Course 2 & 3 and get the subscription website up and start marketing? I'm ready to continually edit my course.

Direct competitors: A similar UDemy course that has sold to 45k students and the website Brilliant.org. So I have used them for inspiration - but I can do so much better than both venues for this course!

My USP: free videos with tons of practice problems for students.

thanks so much!

AT

(really just looking for support & guidance from people who have done something this before!)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AT112233

AT112233

New Contributor
Dec 24, 2018
New York, NY
Hi guys,

I've created a math course: 10 vid lectures, each 5 minutes long & tons of practice problems (in pdf format). Let's call it "Course 1". I will be creating Course 2 & Course 3 in next few months. Courses 1-3 are taught in high school math class as a year-long "Calculus" course. I am tutoring 2 students in this currently. I have put stuff on Youtube and will be putting up my course on UDemy shortly.

Example of my lecture: youtube.com/watch?v=s4oPZHSqr1o . Another point of note: I'll be marketing to American students and I have an accent. My regular tutoring students dont seem to have a problem with it.

I want to combine Courses 1+2+3 and sell it as a paid monthly subscription. Target will be high school students.

Any ideas on how I should proceed? Should I make Courses 2 & 3 first? Or should I focus on marketing Course 1? Should I make rough-n-ready versions on Course 2 & 3 and get the subscription website up and start marketing? I'm ready to continually edit my course.

Direct competitors: A similar UDemy course that has sold to 45k students and the website Brilliant.org. So I have used them for inspiration - but I can do so much better than both venues for this course!

My USP: free videos with tons of practice problems for students.

thanks so much!

AT

(really just looking for support & guidance from people who have done something this before!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom