The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Copying business ideas/models from other countries

Megaman9

New Contributor
Jul 21, 2018
What do you think about copying successful business ideas/models/startups from other places in the world and bringing them to your own country ?
One example that came to my mind is Toygaroo, a toy rental program the launched a few years ago in the US. Yes, I know they failed, but that's just an example. Is there any reason why I could not try and replicate it in my country ? (I am not from the US)

Seems like an easy way to find interesting business opportunities.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Xavier X

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
There's nothing wrong with implementing an existing business model in a different market, provided it's not a replica. For instance, following the success of Uber, many ride hailing startups have popped up in different parts of the world. They're using the same business model, but create their own identity and execute in their own way.

It's not the shortcut to riches you might imagine it is, but is certainly a way to get into a business with a proven business model. Whether or not it will be equally feasible in the transplant society will require due diligence.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom