The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Compartmentalization - of myself

Anything related to matters of the mind

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
I'm worried if you do this you'll end up with MPD in some time, but I recently read this article:

5 Steps of Compartmentalization: The Secret Behind Successful Entrepreneurs

Forbes explains some benefits and risks of compartmentalization as a method to cope with the stresses of life. Highly interesting

I'm tired of who I am, I want to burn away, and arise anew through the ashes (in other words, I want a silver bullet), like this cute little "poem" I read:

How To Kill Yourself (And Be Reborn As The Best Version of Yourself)

As idealistic as this may be, I know I can't truly kill the old me, legally or mentally, so I will instead attempt to compartmentalize my own ego, for science. I am not allowed to think "normally", except during specified hours of rest.

"Normally", meaning I must not allow my old ego to make decisions for me. All decisions must be passed through a filter.

This is just until I am able to fully compartmentalize my old ego. Like muscle memory, it will eventually become second nature to think automatically with this "new me".

Until then I plan to track this progress by recording my failures, or automatic decision making by the old ego, as they occur.

Then I will reflect on how I could have improved my decision making, by measuring how automatic the decision was.

Every decision must be carefully analyzed when you can't trust yourself.

I'm allowing my guilty conscience to take control.

I also plan to compartmentalize other parts of my life into blocks of time, and strengthen the will of my mind's ability to let go of certain events at work or in daily life when these time slots are finished.

To fail to do this could overstress the mind and that stress will cascade into the other "compartments" of life.

I'm wondering if there are a few others who have used these strategies before?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.