The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Collage student starting his buissness. The past/present/future

Bonnarp

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 16, 2022
Hello everyone and thank you for clicking on this post!

I'm a 22 year old collage student from Stockholm who read MJs TMF , US, and TGRRE multiple times. I started my first buissness last year with the vision of creating a new cocktail vodka never seen in Euroupe before. I'm a shy person who spends to much time on his phone and procrastinating but im improving myself!

I have contact with a destillery to make the vodka for me but right now im marketing my vodka to bars, resturants and clubs to get some affirmation of pre purchases to convince investors of helping me pay of the 20 000 USD pricetag for the first 1000 bottles of vodka. I do really belive in my product and my goal is to increse the sales for the bars who uses this vodka for its cocktails.

The future is unknown but I wish to spend my time marketing my vodka on social media until I can drive my own destillery.

I always find MJ to be a great motivator for when I take to much time of my buissness so huge thank you for that!

I will make my best to update this thread with news with the company. I will not stop posting because then it means I have gave up my dream of becomeing an entrepeneur.

Big thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas
Word of mouth is key in that industry IMO.

I've worked with a distillery before, and they made sure to get involved in social media to build a following. Host some events at bars and clubs where people can sample the product. Make friends with as many people in the distribution chain as you can. Create a website, twitter account, insta, and TikTok.

For example, maybe make videos on TikTok where people try your drink at a bar/club, and you get their reaction. I've been playing with TikTok for my side hustle and was surprised by how much engagement I got on relatively low-effort videos.

Bonnarp

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 16, 2022
Word of mouth is key in that industry IMO.

I've worked with a distillery before, and they made sure to get involved in social media to build a following. Host some events at bars and clubs where people can sample the product. Make friends with as many people in the distribution chain as you can. Create a website, twitter account, insta, and TikTok.

For example, maybe make videos on TikTok where people try your drink at a bar/club, and you get their reaction. I've been playing with TikTok for my side hustle and was surprised by how much engagement I got on relatively low-effort videos.
Hey!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and commenting. Means alot!

I do know a sertain amount of people in the bar and coktail industry in Stockholm but I will make sure to spread my wings when my MVP is finished. As of now i'm posting alot on tiktok and on instagram. I have no past experience in social media posting and editing and such but thats something i'm constantly improving on.

Bonnarp

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 16, 2022
After about 2 months now I want to share where my journey has taken me and what I have learned.

While I could have made the label myself with Illustrator i decied to get more proffestional help. While the preview of the label is fantastic so far I now get to see what happends when you violate the C in CENTS. I'm stuck waiting for them to reply and finish the label with a very slow response time. The same can be said as with the bottle company I want to buy from. Very slow cosutmer service witch makes me annoyed as I want to relese my MVP soon. Lesson learned, value the C in CENTS.

When i started making cocktail videos on tiktok & instagram i kind of dreaded the procces of making the video, so I maybe did once a week. Then I understood what I was doing, waiting for an event instead of going through with the procces. Now i'm working on posting a video once every day or every other day.

I can share my tiktok if anyone wants to se the kind of Vodka im producing.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas
After about 2 months now I want to share where my journey has taken me and what I have learned.

While I could have made the label myself with Illustrator i decied to get more proffestional help. While the preview of the label is fantastic so far I now get to see what happends when you violate the C in CENTS. I'm stuck waiting for them to reply and finish the label with a very slow response time. The same can be said as with the bottle company I want to buy from. Very slow cosutmer service witch makes me annoyed as I want to relese my MVP soon. Lesson learned, value the C in CENTS.

When i started making cocktail videos on tiktok & instagram i kind of dreaded the procces of making the video, so I maybe did once a week. Then I understood what I was doing, waiting for an event instead of going through with the procces. Now i'm working on posting a video once every day or every other day.

I can share my tiktok if anyone wants to se the kind of Vodka im producing.

Cheers!
Nice to see the progress, but keep in mind that you need to get your product in front of people at some point. This serves two purposes: 1. it gets you the feedback you need to fine-tune the product and make it better, and 2. it spreads the word about your product.

Keep in mind that you don't want to spend a year working on a vanilla cherry vodka only to learn that consumers aren't even interested in that flavor combo (I have no idea if they are in real life, mind you). If there is a demand for that flavor, you won't build true hype until people actually taste it!

Bonnarp

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 16, 2022
Nice to see the progress, but keep in mind that you need to get your product in front of people at some point. This serves two purposes: 1. it gets you the feedback you need to fine-tune the product and make it better, and 2. it spreads the word about your product.

Keep in mind that you don't want to spend a year working on a vanilla cherry vodka only to learn that consumers aren't even interested in that flavor combo (I have no idea if they are in real life, mind you). If there is a demand for that flavor, you won't build true hype until people actually taste it!
I agree completely that I need to share the product with people for feedback and such. The problem is that when it comes to alcohol in Sweden there's alot of rules so social media and friends is my best chance as of now.

I do understand what you mean. Get some responde from people before you make a product. From my experience sharing the cocktails i made with the vodka, talking to friends and bar oweners this is product that is sought after. So when my product launches I have a great gut feeling but ofcourse it's all about the executition!

Thanks again for the reply!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...