The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Choosen path

Mmichels

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 9, 2021
Stuart, FL
I'm matt a 33 yo firefighter living in Florida. I did 12 years in the Coast Guard and have been a firefighter /paramedic for 6 years. I come from a family who have all been employees and then became entrepreneurs, so I've had a desire to do the same my whole life. I could go into the whole back story about crappy parents that abandoned me and abusive step dad all that but bring up the past doesn't contribute to my future. Bottom line I have seen what success being and entrepreneur is and I've always wanted that, being able to do what ever I want but also making my mark something that I created.
My why is not for me but my son, besides all the material things that I could give him and the experiences, its the legacy that's most important. I have a very strong competitive drive and competing against what my parents and my brothers have created is a big driver, but being able to hand something over to my son that could possibly go to his kids and their kids is ultimately what keeps me up at night.
My Idea
I noticed very quickly being a firefighter and paramedic that seniors are a neglected/forgotten group. This has been nagging at me after my first year in the service and I have struggled to find solutions for the people we run calls on. I have dabbled in different programs and offerings that are supposed to help this group but they all seem to be marketing ploys and are about making money more than actually helping anyone. The sad thing is that home care is over a $100 billion market that is growing incredibly fast but people are only looking at money and not actually helping anyone. Home care is saturated with home nursing, aids, gadgets, etc. but there is a huge need that is ignored. The top three things needed are, Money management, home makers, and food/meal delivery. Now all three of these things exist but none of them are tailored specifically to the needs of seniors. I have read or listened to hundreds of business books but I didn't really get my but into gear until the millionaire fast lane, Thank you MJ for helping my along my path.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard.

The sad thing is that home care is over a $100 billion market that is growing incredibly fast but people are only looking at money and not actually helping anyone.

Very true, it is a great industry to provide true value driven solutions with a customer-centric approach.

Too many money grabs for aging seniors.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...