The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a life: Ground zero and nothing to lose!

Anything related to matters of the mind

spirit

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 11, 2019
I finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane , and I'm currently reading Unscripted . I was going to post after finishing both, but I'm anxious to get started!

Basically, I want to develop my ideal life, so this goes a bit beyond making money.

At this point, I graduated college, despite a bit late due to health problems. My course was pretty much useless I later found out. I've been stocking shelves at a store part time. My goal was to get a job in web development, but that doesn't excite me too much. A job coding for someone else's company full time would rob me a life of freedom. After reading TMF , I decided I would like to become an entrepreneur.

I'm posting a board on the wall with my goals and how I will get there. There are 3 areas of my life I'd really like to improve. They are wealth, health, and guitar playing (my passion).

--

Wealth

I would like to start an online business, so I want to learn full-stack web development (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, and SQL). I know a bit already, so I have a grasp of the basics. I want control, so I'd like to develop a business myself, if possible. I don't want to hire anyone just yet.

Where do I go from here? How do I set long range and short term goals?

Health

Goal: Have a healthy body. A lean form and a bit of muscle.

Method:

Eat healthy - vegetables (mostly), fruit, chicken, fish and eggs
Drink a lot of water
Run daily - alternate between low and high speeds until fail
Lift weights - 4 days a week, alternating between upper and lower body
Take vitamin supplements

Guitar

Goal: Be able to play an assortment of songs and improvise

Method:

Learn songs from my favorite artists (mostly classic metal, if you're curious)
Practice speed exercises with a metronome
Learn and practice scales (I found that most of what I need to know can be reduced to scales)
Read music theory books

--

Please pick this apart! Any constructive criticism is more than welcome.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.