The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Breaking Down my Results and Strategies of my Dropshipping store

DropshipGodx

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 16, 2020
INDIA
I am attaching the screenshot of my Facebook ad account which was disabled and I am going to Breakdown what ad strategies I used and how I scaled this product in the coronavirus pandemic and what kind of problems I faced. I hope it helps :). I will be sharing more when my current product is exhausted.

P.S I am not a guru and i am not selling any kind of courses. I wish to provide some information on How i found this product and how i scaled it. Also Facebook doesn't Record all the Transaction I am open to if people want me to provide more Pictures or videos of my Result.

Product Research: I came across this product on facebook where there was an ad running with fair amount of comments and shares. I quickly opened their page and checked if they were running the ads from more than 7 days (Nobody will waste money on ads of a product if its not selling) I simply saved the video and gave the video to my video editor to make better versions of the ad. Where i added the product to my general store to test (If i see a product is selling good in general store i transfer it to a one product store).

Testing : I guess you guys know how to setup the facebook ad account and the pixel. Lets assume you are starting with a fresh pixel.
I always start with conversion campaigns and with Purchase selected as the event.

In the detailed targeting, I use a single broad interest because it has the most data available and it keeps the ad costs lower in scaling and as well as the time of retargeting and look alike. I refine it with Engaged Shoppers for better results.

Placements: I only run my ads to mobile users and at Instagram feed and stories and Only on the Facebook feeds.

The budget I kept the budget at 20$ each adset to gather the data at a fast rate.

Countries: I created 3 adsets with 3 different Interest and One adset with EPACKET countries the other two just with US & EURO and then duplicated each adset one time resulting in Total 6 adsets.

Scaling And When to kill your ads-I killed all the adsets which spend more than 10$ of their budget and never had a single Add to cart (ATC). I killed all the adsets which spent 30$ more than their actual budget of 20$ and never got a single purchase. I kill all the adsets which spend over 50$ and are not profitable. I doubled the budget of the Adsets which had 2 or 3 sales in the first 24 Hours.

I gradually increase only 10% or 20 % of the budget in every 48 hours of my adset looking at its performance if its lower than my BER i kill it.

I duplicate the profitable ones on the third day and Narrow my Currently profitable adsets with Age and Gender to target more specific people with my ads then on the basis of the information i create new adsets narrowed down to specific age and gender in this case it was from age 35-65 Men. I let them run for atleast 48 hours without a change i only doube a budget if they have above 4 ROAS.

On the next day i Choose the most profitable 4 adsets and put them into a CBO campaign of 140$ and let it run for 24 hours with minimum 10 $ adspend in each adset.

I keep on following this till i have enough data to create lookalike audience and Retargeting campaigns

After sufficient data like more than 100 purchases or 1000 People i create custom audiences and launched specific campaigns

Retargeting with 5$ each adset killing the unprofitable on the 3rdday same with the Lookalike audience of purchases only 5$ and killing the unprofitable on the 3rd day

I also targeted audience(1 to 10%) who viewed content and people who visited and added to cart but never intiated checkout , people who Intiated Checkout but never purchased into a new Conversion campaign with 5$ adsets 6% and 9% worked well for me.

Thank you for reading it I tried to keep it short and informative i hope this clears the air of doubts. Hoping to hear your Positive Comments. Peace :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I am attaching the screenshot of my Facebook ad account which was disabled and I am going to Breakdown what ad strategies I used and how I scaled this product in the coronavirus pandemic and what kind of problems I faced. I hope it helps :). I will be sharing more when my current product is exhausted.
View attachment 32564

View attachment 32566View attachment 32567

P.S I am not a guru and i am not selling any kind of courses. I wish to provide some information on How i found this product and how i scaled it. Also Facebook doesn't Record all the Transaction I am open to if people want me to provide more Pictures or videos of my Result.

Product Research: I came across this product on facebook where there was an ad running with fair amount of comments and shares. I quickly opened their page and checked if they were running the ads from more than 7 days (Nobody will waste money on ads of a product if its not selling) I simply saved the video and gave the video to my video editor to make better versions of the ad. Where i added the product to my general store to test (If i see a product is selling good in general store i transfer it to a one product store).

Testing : I guess you guys know how to setup the facebook ad account and the pixel. Lets assume you are starting with a fresh pixel.
I always start with conversion campaigns and with Purchase selected as the event.

In the detailed targeting, I use a single broad interest because it has the most data available and it keeps the ad costs lower in scaling and as well as the time of retargeting and look alike. I refine it with Engaged Shoppers for better results.

Placements: I only run my ads to mobile users and at Instagram feed and stories and Only on the Facebook feeds.

The budget I kept the budget at 20$ each adset to gather the data at a fast rate.

Countries: I created 3 adsets with 3 different Interest and One adset with EPACKET countries the other two just with US & EURO and then duplicated each adset one time resulting in Total 6 adsets.

Scaling And When to kill your ads-I killed all the adsets which spend more than 10$ of their budget and never had a single Add to cart (ATC). I killed all the adsets which spent 30$ more than their actual budget of 20$ and never got a single purchase. I kill all the adsets which spend over 50$ and are not profitable. I doubled the budget of the Adsets which had 2 or 3 sales in the first 24 Hours.

I gradually increase only 10% or 20 % of the budget in every 48 hours of my adset looking at its performance if its lower than my BER i kill it.

I duplicate the profitable ones on the third day and Narrow my Currently profitable adsets with Age and Gender to target more specific people with my ads then on the basis of the information i create new adsets narrowed down to specific age and gender in this case it was from age 35-65 Men. I let them run for atleast 48 hours without a change i only doube a budget if they have above 4 ROAS.

On the next day i Choose the most profitable 4 adsets and put them into a CBO campaign of 140$ and let it run for 24 hours with minimum 10 $ adspend in each adset.

I keep on following this till i have enough data to create lookalike audience and Retargeting campaigns

After sufficient data like more than 100 purchases or 1000 People i create custom audiences and launched specific campaigns

Retargeting with 5$ each adset killing the unprofitable on the 3rdday same with the Lookalike audience of purchases only 5$ and killing the unprofitable on the 3rd day

I also targeted audience(1 to 10%) who viewed content and people who visited and added to cart but never intiated checkout , people who Intiated Checkout but never purchased into a new Conversion campaign with 5$ adsets 6% and 9% worked well for me.

Thank you for reading it I tried to keep it short and informative i hope this clears the air of doubts. Hoping to hear your Positive Comments. Peace :)
Commenting as a placeholder for later.

Good stuff take back everything I said.

D

DeletedUser0287

Or....you can actually spend time to build a business with a strong foundation that will last ages that actually can flourish without ads. Aka productocracy.

You said you built this for the coronavirus pandemic? So you are trend hopping?What is it masks? No contact door opener? So essentially business will dry up once this pandemic is over then...

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Or....you can actually spend time to build a business with a strong foundation that will last ages that actually can flourish without ads. Aka productocracy.

In this day and age, without ads at the beginning, how is one even able to get the word out in the fastest time possible?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
View attachment 32564

View attachment 32566View attachment 32567

Seems like your process is working for you congratulations!

Impressive you are able to do this with something as simple as dropshipping.

How do you deal with the control aspects of the business?

Have you run into an issue yet were your product is discontinued for example etc, and what did you do to rectify such issues?

What's your long term goal with this, are you going to use this business to fund a bigger end game or are you just figuring it out as you go.

Tim.

D

DeletedUser0287

In this day and age, without ads at the beginning, how is one even able to get the word out in the fastest time possible?

Subreddits, YouTube, Forums, Pinterest. Depending how good your product is. The algorithm works in your favor. Day by day these algorithms are getting better.

DropshipGodx

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 16, 2020
INDIA

You said you built this for the coronavirus pandemic? So you are trend hopping?What is it masks? No contact door opener? So essentially business will dry up once this pandemic is over then...
NO i am not selling any health care niche product my product is a Tech Niche product what i wanted to say that a lot of people are saying coronavirus has affected online sales, i wanted to show them people are buying more online because of the lockdowns. I will not prefer to ride a short term wave but work towards building a longer-term brand.

DropshipGodx

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 16, 2020
INDIA
Seems like your process is working for you congratulations!

Impressive you are able to do this with something as simple as dropshipping.

How do you deal with the control aspects of the business?

Have you run into an issue yet were your product is discontinued for example etc, and what did you do to rectify such issues?

What's your long term goal with this, are you going to use this business to fund a bigger end game or are you just figuring it out as you go.

Tim.
Thank You :D

The control Barrier is low I agree but since there is automatic bidding behind Facebook ads which means even if someone might try to sell a similar product to me but will not be able to get the same Quality Audience as mine because of the Automatic Bidding and amount of money spent. For Example, if someone tries to sell the same products as Gymshark but with their own Brand Name, it will extremely Difficult to Succeed.

Fortunately, I source products from the manufacturer directly I haven't run into the problem of the product being discontinued, and sourcing it directly from the manufacturer Helps me decide at what price I would like to sell the product I am working with Scaling mindset to increase the number of people who can buy my products.

The only problem I generally Face is my Facebook ad account being disabled quite often which affects the sales in a major way.

My long term plan is to shift from the dropshipping model to the E-commerce where I can Private Label my product hold Inventory and Dominate the market and working more towards automating the process.

Connecting with like-minded people just like you I think is going to help me learn more new things and help me reach my Fastlane Destination more easily. :)

DropshipGodx

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 16, 2020
INDIA
Word of mouth in a simpler way if I have to check if there is an audience that is interested in buying my product I will simply get in touch with big theme pages on Instagram. Negotiate a barter trade for a shootout and Simply wait to see the results. Sometimes just by some shootouts from big theme pages you can spread the word about your product and get a lot of sales in my case I made a 1000$ through this.

Youtube if you can create a video around what common or general problem your product solves to make a video around it write a long description with video tags and doing some SEO will make it rank on youtube and A lot of traffic will be there on your Website.

Blogs- If you can create in-depth blogs about your product can help you rank your website on Google and you can enjoy free traffic to your website.

I hope it helps

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.