The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brand new.

Mark407

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 15, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Hey all. Corporate jet jockey with lots of spare time. Considering starting a craft spirits (Whisky/Rye) business. Looking for any advice as this is brand new to me. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
A few things you should do to figure out if this is a good idea is follow the CENTS principles MJ outlines in The Millionaire Fastlane book. It goes like this: Is there a need for another distilled spirit business in your area? What are the barriers to entry keeping others from doing same? Being in Canada, how much control would you have over the business? How do you organize distribution when dealing with the LCBO? Do you anticipate being able to scale your product across Canada and maybe into the States? How long will it take you to go from napkin to soft launch? Whisky usually takes a minimum of 3 years to age before sale.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Hey Mark407 welcome aboard, I'm not sure if you've read either of the books, but my suggestion would be to at least begin there as it surely brings a lot of insight into making a decision about going into business and how to go about choosing what you wish to add value to as mike24601 is highlighting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.