The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Bought and Revamped a Local Business?

GradyS

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 16, 2018
North Carolina
Have any of you found a small local business that wasn't really getting anywhere, purchased it, and proceeded to turn it around? What type of business was it? Did you find it through a flipping website or just through local meetups?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Amaravil

New Contributor
Jul 16, 2019
Iran
Have any of you found a small local business that wasn't really getting anywhere, purchased it, and proceeded to turn it around? What type of business was it? Did you find it through a flipping website or just through local meetups?
that is a really smart question. I haven't done it myself, but i saw people who did it. there are a lot of opportunities, materials, business which are potential, but are very silent. I saw a man in Iran who started to do
Calligraphy
on the small stones, which is not a famous kind of art, he expanded it and little by little , by adding some more detail in them, he reached what he wanted...and now he is a rather famous Millionaire...
I personally suggest both websites and local meetups.

KLL985

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Dec 13, 2018
I actually found this forum through research I was doing when I bought a local carpet cleaning business. Ice Cream Kid has a good long post about his experiences with doing it. Currently I am still trying to change us from a bottom feeder company to a luxury service company. Not as easy as I thought, but not impossible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom