The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

BeenMachine has arrived.

Been Machine

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Mar 28, 2022
Great to be here! Currently a brainless high school senior that doesn't know what's next.

As you probably expected after reading that, yes, I'm going through the whole "Should I go to college?" BS. When I first entered high school I was almost 1000% certain I was going. I was doing really well in school at first then just started to not care when I started realizing the entire thing was pointless and grades ultimately mean nothing. School now just feels completely pointless and I dread going in everyday. The entire day I just... sit... and listen to bs about chemistry which unfortunately I have 0 interest in.

I consider myself to be extremely lucky, despite accomplishing NOTHING yet. Why? Because I discovered people like MJ before I went to a prestigious college, drowned myself in debt, and spent 6 years getting an MBA because I thought I was good at school. Over the past 2 years my eyes have really opened up to how bad the system truly is. I had a friend, who literally yesterday said, "I'm only going to be 60k in debt when I graduate." WTF? Only 60k? I don't even think this kid knows how a loan works. I don't even think half these kids who do this to themselves know how loans/interest work.

I don't understand how people think this is ok? This is why I'm so grateful I found people like MJ before I did this to myself. This probably would have been me.

Anyway, obviously when I told my parents I would simply attend community college for a semester and get a certificate, my mom wasn't a fan.
"You need a degree."
"You need a degree to move up in a job."
"I'm really upset."
You know all the typical BS. My dad however didn't go to college and did fine so he was understanding.

Anyway, I made a deal with my mom that I would start taking classes right when this school year ends and try and obtain an Associate's degree from community college in one year. That way I can be done as soon as possible, won't be in any debt, and be able to get started in life ASAP.

I don't know what lies ahead, but I'm excited!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DonnyDinero

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Dec 22, 2021
Welcome Been.

As MJ said before going Fastlane get yourself a Specialized Skill 1st to be able to have the means for going Fastlane[Specialized Unit].

Explained here

I've been in your situation before.

If that community college associate degree in one year can give you specialized skill that you can sell then it's a good move. Otherwise it's just a waste of a year of your life.

If you can get a degree right now that is a sellable specialized skill without getting into a debt that you can't afford then it's a good move.

Perhaps your Dad can help you out to do what's next since he's already doing fine in the path you took.

Anyway good luck in your journey.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...