The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Banking: Receiving large internation transfers without hiccups

phantombot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 7, 2021
Hello, I work in logistics and we're starting to get bigger deals from international clients in the EU.

To prevent getting cut out of deals, we sometimes accept the entire payment upfront and assign the work to contractors.

The deals are getting bigger... And so now we're worried about the funds getting needlessly frozen by the bank.

This would create a delay and prevent us from paying the contractor, who oftentimes relies on our payment for operating expenses.

The business is in Canada, but I've been working remotely since we started the business a few years ago. My business partner has had this problem of funds getting frozen before, and so we're trying to do things in a way to prevent any issues.

We're trying to prevent a situation where I have to go to Canada in a hurry (which would still result in a delay).

What online and/or remote-friendly options are there? Specifically for receiving funds in CAD? (If necessary, we could receive USD, too.)

I have an account with Wise (used to be Transferwise) and some accounts in the US.

I have a *feeling* that perhaps I'm thinking about this the wrong way. Finding others who have dealt with similar situations has been difficult, so there's that issue, too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Hello, I work in logistics and we're starting to get bigger deals from international clients in the EU.

To prevent getting cut out of deals, we sometimes accept the entire payment upfront and assign the work to contractors.

The deals are getting bigger... And so now we're worried about the funds getting needlessly frozen by the bank.

This would create a delay and prevent us from paying the contractor, who oftentimes relies on our payment for operating expenses.

The business is in Canada, but I've been working remotely since we started the business a few years ago. My business partner has had this problem of funds getting frozen before, and so we're trying to do things in a way to prevent any issues.

We're trying to prevent a situation where I have to go to Canada in a hurry (which would still result in a delay).

What online and/or remote-friendly options are there? Specifically for receiving funds in CAD? (If necessary, we could receive USD, too.)

I have an account with Wise (used to be Transferwise) and some accounts in the US.

I have a *feeling* that perhaps I'm thinking about this the wrong way. Finding others who have dealt with similar situations has been difficult, so there's that issue, too.
Talk to the bank for a solution, if disbursement smaller amount over multiple days would help.

Getting a line of credit could help too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.