• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Bailouts of large companies

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by Bryan James, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Bryan James

Bryan James Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,005
    I am fully aware of the rule that states we should not get political on here and I am intending to avoid any political discussions. If I get penalized for it I truly apologize. My question for you, however, is if you think that the government bailing out a bankrupt company is healthy for business and for the economy in the long term. For example if, for whatever reason, Apple went bankrupt overnight it would crash the economy and spread across the globe, so the government would step in and bail them out to prevent the economic disaster. Fair enough, but do you think that's good for the long-term? If they screwed up once and were bailed out it's like making a mistake and having the universe erase it so that you're essentially robbed of the learning experience the failure would've provided. Failure is a way of finding out what we need to do differently next time. If we fail but get bailed out, we may be robbed of a seriously important lesson we need to learn. I dunno. Your thoughts?

Again, sorry if this breaches the "nothing political" rule.

2. Tommo

Tommo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,475
    Not an original question mate but a good one to discuss. I think it can be political but not a breach of the forum guidelines, I hope so anyway. Bailing out is just helping a failing business, good money after bad,Gresham law I think. Let it die. The banks, if they screw up then they should pay the price as we all do, and everyone not protected by the governments largesse. Disclaimer I am an outright libertarian.

GPM, Bryan James and Kak like this.
  3. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,120
    Good money after bad... Very well said @Tommo .

Bryan James and Tommo like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.