The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bailouts of large companies

Anything related to matters of the mind

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
I am fully aware of the rule that states we should not get political on here and I am intending to avoid any political discussions. If I get penalized for it I truly apologize. My question for you, however, is if you think that the government bailing out a bankrupt company is healthy for business and for the economy in the long term. For example if, for whatever reason, Apple went bankrupt overnight it would crash the economy and spread across the globe, so the government would step in and bail them out to prevent the economic disaster. Fair enough, but do you think that's good for the long-term? If they screwed up once and were bailed out it's like making a mistake and having the universe erase it so that you're essentially robbed of the learning experience the failure would've provided. Failure is a way of finding out what we need to do differently next time. If we fail but get bailed out, we may be robbed of a seriously important lesson we need to learn. I dunno. Your thoughts?

Again, sorry if this breaches the "nothing political" rule.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
I am fully aware of the rule that states we should not get political on here and I am intending to avoid any political discussions. If I get penalized for it I truly apologize. My question for you, however, is if you think that the government bailing out a bankrupt company is healthy for business and for the economy in the long term. For example if, for whatever reason, Apple went bankrupt overnight it would crash the economy and spread across the globe, so the government would step in and bail them out to prevent the economic disaster. Fair enough, but do you think that's good for the long-term? If they screwed up once and were bailed out it's like making a mistake and having the universe erase it so that you're essentially robbed of the learning experience the failure would've provided. Failure is a way of finding out what we need to do differently next time. If we fail but get bailed out, we may be robbed of a seriously important lesson we need to learn. I dunno. Your thoughts?

Again, sorry if this breaches the "nothing political" rule.
Not an original question mate but a good one to discuss. I think it can be political but not a breach of the forum guidelines, I hope so anyway. Bailing out is just helping a failing business, good money after bad,Gresham law I think. Let it die. The banks, if they screw up then they should pay the price as we all do, and everyone not protected by the governments largesse. Disclaimer I am an outright libertarian.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Good money after bad... Very well said @Tommo .

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.