The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Australian Property Market

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Luke Phillips

New Contributor
Jul 5, 2017
Australia
G'day from down under!

wanted to know anyone on here has bought/owns any real estate in Australia? and if so do you have any lessons/stories you'd like to share?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2015
Perth
G'day from down under!

wanted to know anyone on here has bought/owns any real estate in Australia? and if so do you have any lessons/stories you'd like to share?
Ha... way back when I had more money than sense, I bought a house and land package near Coomera/Pimpama, Gold Coast. Billions of infrastructure investment on the way apparently! Haha.

Not exactly the most affluent area so my first tenants did 25k damage to a brand new house in the first month lol. Plus, obviously paying overprice with a house and land package. Dumb.

I feel like the best "group/buyers agent" to get advice from here if you really need it is Propertyology. But hopefully you can learn it on your own.

OP
OP
Luke Phillips

Luke Phillips

New Contributor
Jul 5, 2017
Australia
Ha... way back when I had more money than sense, I bought a house and land package near Coomera/Pimpama, Gold Coast. Billions of infrastructure investment on the way apparently! Haha.

Not exactly the most affluent area so my first tenants did 25k damage to a brand new house in the first month lol. Plus, obviously paying overprice with a house and land package. Dumb.

I feel like the best "group/buyers agent" to get advice from here if you really need it is Propertyology. But hopefully you can learn it on your own.
If you dont mind me asking, how long ago was that?

sorry to hear that, thats rough! yeah I've heard some horror stories with people buying h&l packages, hopefully it didnt completely wipe you out.

OP
OP
Luke Phillips

Luke Phillips

New Contributor
Jul 5, 2017
Australia

sorry to hear that, thats rough! yeah I've heard some horror stories with people buying h&l packages, hopefully it didnt completely wipe you out.
I have heard of that group before, i will have to check them out.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2015
Perth

Around 2013. Make sure you research the shit out of your property manager and ensure they stick to the strict terms they say they have for reviewing potential tenants.

It didn't wipe me out, but gave me grey hairs and terrible cash flow for a long time.

OP
OP
Luke Phillips

Luke Phillips

New Contributor
Jul 5, 2017
Australia
Around 2013. Make sure you research the shit out of your property manager and ensure they stick to the strict terms they say they have for reviewing potential tenants.

It didn't wipe me out, but gave me grey hairs and terrible cash flow for a long time.
Was there any growth in the brisbane/goldcoast market at that time? 100% I've heard a good property manager can be worth their weight in gold and a bad one can set you back years.

do you still invest in Aus today?

MattR82

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2015
Perth
Was there any growth in the brisbane/goldcoast market at that time? 100% I've heard a good property manager can be worth their weight in gold and a bad one can set you back years.

do you still invest in Aus today?
Kinda too simple to put it that way, when you can split it up between house/apartment/beachfront/inland and a million other things.

I don't have property anymore. There's people here that would know way more than me, but that was my dummy lesson I thought I'd mention.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
In 2016 when I was doing dropshipping (fairly successful at the time) and a very close friend of...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@Lyinx lol man, okay. Just to make it clear to everyone else, I'm not involved with...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock