The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Amazon FBA online retail arbitrage

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
Hi Guys! Does any of you have experience in this model?

It is pretty simple and straight forward. First of all scan online retailers, look for product that are on sale and selling more expensive on Amazon. That check if those items are selling well if so order, ship it to the preparation centre, than to Amazon warehouses and wait till it sells.

Any of you been doing it? I am running deep research on this topic and I am interested about any information from experienced sellers or people who know things about it.

Do you know any reasonable courses?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany

It is pretty simple and straight forward. First of all scan online retailers, look for product that are on sale and selling more expensive on Amazon. That check if those items are selling well if so order, ship it to the preparation centre, than to Amazon warehouses and wait till it sells.

Any of you been doing it? I am running deep research on this topic and I am interested about any information from experienced sellers or people who know things about it.

Cool Idea, i did a quick search and found this:
looks promising, i will do some research and try it out.

Would be great if you also keep this thread updated.

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
Cool Idea, i did a quick search and found this:
looks promising, i will do some research and try it out.

Would be great if you also keep this thread updated.
Absolutely! That is great idea. I have been watching this guy's videos for a while now
View: https://youtu.be/aSOL51KR6MM

He provides quite a lot content for free. I am considering to order his courses and watch it. I heard quite a lot good feedbacks about it.
Do you know about him?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Absolutely! That is great idea. I have been watching this guy's videos for a while now
View: https://youtu.be/aSOL51KR6MM

He provides quite a lot content for free. I am considering to order his courses and watch it. I heard quite a lot good feedbacks about it.
Do you know about him?

You've been watching your own videos? And now you want to know if anyone knows about you?

I think you blew your cover.

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
You've been watching your own videos? And now you want to know if anyone knows about you?

This guy does not look like me at all :D or does he? :D I wan to get feedback about his courses as well. His videos are quite cheap and catchy, like all online marketing, but I learned to read between the lines and filter valuable information.

And please accept my apology if it is against the rules to share links in this forum :)

david1024

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 15, 2021

The issue with this is you may have a loud market. Meaning lots of competitors and lots of different variations. When this happens, you will find yourself racing to the bottom in price, which in turn destroys any profits.

Amazon is shifting to encourage private label businesses and also encourages business to become brand registered. Anyone Brand Registered can take down multiple other accounts trying to sell products identical to theirs. Especially if the other accounts don't have brands on their products.

Although it may be easy money, you can be left with a lot of dead products which over time can cost you in profit. I would suggest looking into Private label FBA. It is a much longer course, but in turn will provide a much better solid business model.

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
The issue with this is you may have a loud market. Meaning lots of competitors and lots of different variations. When this happens, you will find yourself racing to the bottom in price, which in turn destroys any profits.

Amazon is shifting to encourage private label businesses and also encourages business to become brand registered. Anyone Brand Registered can take down multiple other accounts trying to sell products identical to theirs. Especially if the other accounts don't have brands on their products.

Although it may be easy money, you can be left with a lot of dead products which over time can cost you in profit. I would suggest looking into Private label FBA. It is a much longer course, but in turn will provide a much better solid business model.
Thank you for sharing that. I agree with you and I was thinking exactly the same. I am looking in to it as entry to the Amazon. Private label require more investment upfront and more separate links connected which makes whole process more complicated and without understanding how platform operates I believe it is way down only. Unless you have more information that I don't :D

Milonfz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Nov 5, 2020
I've been doing Amazon Arbitrage for years and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. I have been a presenter at Amazon seller's conferences and run an Amazon Mastermind as well. We started so my wife could stay home and play Grandma. Since then I've quit my day job and it's one of the income streams we use while trying to get our fastlane business going.

Here's what the Youtubers won't tell you:
  • It is a grind. Many hours searching for products to send. If you're picking up sale items guess what, so are several thousand people all across the county and your items will all arrive together and the price tends to fall. We call this the "race to the bottom".
  • Amazon will screw you on behalf of their customers. Just expect this going in so you aren't surprised when it happens.
  • Starting up is hard because you will find yourself gated (unable to sell) many categories and brands. After 3 months if you have decent numbers and they decide you are not a scammer they will open up a handful of brands. As your feedback improves more will open, etc.
  • Replens are the way most 7 figure sellers in the arbitrage world make their money. To get to that level most have hired shoppers, set up a prep center or found a prep center, etc.
  • RA is NOT a fastlane business. Pretty sure this was covered in newest release from MJ DeMarco..
  • Remember, that sales don't mean profits. 4 years ago when I started it was a 3 way split, 1/3 to Amazon, 1/3 for product, and 1/3 to the business. That was back when you could easily get a 100% ROI. Amazon now has software checking prices with the competition and if you are priced too high they will close your listing until you "fix the pricing error". Most people in the RA game are now working on a 20% to 50% ROI. And yes, you will find that they expect you to sell product for less than their fees. Crazy, but it happens.
  • If Target gets wind that you are using them for RA they will cancel your orders or refuse to sell to you in the store. So will Kohls, REI, and many other stores.
If you want to learn from the best I recommend the Amazon Legends group. I've been a member for the past 4 years and they will teach you how to get from $0 to seven figures profitably. There is also a group dedicated to replens run by Jimmy Smith, a Legends member who managed to pull it off in under 2 years. If you want to do it yourself, then Jim Cockrum's Proven Amazon Course for less than $500 bucks will teach you everything you need to know, but be warned, it is a huge course and can be a bit daunting as to where to start. I don't recommend Jim Cockrum's coaching as most people I know have been disappointed with it.

Final note. It can be done. I know tons of people who do it full time, I'm just saying that it's not as simple as the youtuber's say, and they're not the ones who will teach you. The groups I've mentioned above will.

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
I've been doing Amazon Arbitrage for years and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. I have been a presenter at Amazon seller's conferences and run an Amazon Mastermind as well. We started so my wife could stay home and play Grandma. Since then I've quit my day job and it's one of the income streams we use while trying to get our fastlane business going.

Here's what the Youtubers won't tell you:
  • It is a grind. Many hours searching for products to send. If you're picking up sale items guess what, so are several thousand people all across the county and your items will all arrive together and the price tends to fall. We call this the "race to the bottom".
  • Amazon will screw you on behalf of their customers. Just expect this going in so you aren't surprised when it happens.
  • Starting up is hard because you will find yourself gated (unable to sell) many categories and brands. After 3 months if you have decent numbers and they decide you are not a scammer they will open up a handful of brands. As your feedback improves more will open, etc.
  • Replens are the way most 7 figure sellers in the arbitrage world make their money. To get to that level most have hired shoppers, set up a prep center or found a prep center, etc.
  • RA is NOT a fastlane business. Pretty sure this was covered in newest release from MJ DeMarco..
  • Remember, that sales don't mean profits. 4 years ago when I started it was a 3 way split, 1/3 to Amazon, 1/3 for product, and 1/3 to the business. That was back when you could easily get a 100% ROI. Amazon now has software checking prices with the competition and if you are priced too high they will close your listing until you "fix the pricing error". Most people in the RA game are now working on a 20% to 50% ROI. And yes, you will find that they expect you to sell product for less than their fees. Crazy, but it happens.
  • If Target gets wind that you are using them for RA they will cancel your orders or refuse to sell to you in the store. So will Kohls, REI, and many other stores.
If you want to learn from the best I recommend the Amazon Legends group. I've been a member for the past 4 years and they will teach you how to get from $0 to seven figures profitably. There is also a group dedicated to replens run by Jimmy Smith, a Legends member who managed to pull it off in under 2 years. If you want to do it yourself, then Jim Cockrum's Proven Amazon Course for less than $500 bucks will teach you everything you need to know, but be warned, it is a huge course and can be a bit daunting as to where to start. I don't recommend Jim Cockrum's coaching as most people I know have been disappointed with it.

Final note. It can be done. I know tons of people who do it full time, I'm just saying that it's not as simple as the youtuber's say, and they're not the ones who will teach you. The groups I've mentioned above will.
Thank you for sharing such a valuable information Milonfz! I will check that forum for sure!

I realise that there is tendency and platforms become more and more buyer oriented.

Would you advise use automatick profitable product research tool? Something like Online Arbitrage - Sourcing Software for Amazon FBA | Tactical Arbitrage

I did dropshipping automation like product research using bots and planning to do the same here. So at least partialy is automated and I have very reliable and cheap workforce so can handle rest. Goal is to lear and understand Amazon business.

By the way I am looking in to very similar way as your wife and you did in the past :)

Milonfz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Nov 5, 2020
Tactical Arbitrage has a bit of a learning curve however it is popular with many people in my Mastermind. It is also used by VA's in the Philippines. Common strategy is to get a TA account then hire a VA to run it and find leads. You will then have to sort through the leads to find the good ones.

The downside is that often times the VA's share leads. Even if you don't, lots of people are running the same software and finding the same leads. It's not uncommon to end up with 40-100 sellers by the time your inventory hits Amazon.

You will also be frustrated by what you can and cannot list.

Go ahead and set up a seller account on Amazon. You can do so for free. Then you can use the seller app to see what you can and cannot sell. If you decide it's worth pursuing you can upgrade to the professional account.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Lol I thought the same thing. But upon closer inspection I don’t think they are the same person ha ha. It would be hilarious if it was though.

Regarding Amazon arbitrage, I think it would be a grind. I sell on Amazon and at the push of an email I can get 10,000 units of my product made and sent to me. I cannot imagine having to source my inventory a few pieces at a time, and to be able to make a decent living doing that on Amazon.

It almost feels like going to garage sales to find products sold at a discount only to flip them online for a few dollars at a time.

D

Deleted85763

I would think that would not be something that could be done for living for a number of reasons, the biggest being that consumer product markets are becoming highly efficient (meaning everyone has easy access to the same information so few chances to take advantage of price differences). But don't just listen to me. Fortunes are made by people who went against the advice of others, including those with authority in the subject.

You may want to look into importing and exporting as markets between countries have vast differences and are often not accessible or easily accessible by consumers in the other country. For example, I am in the US. I wanted a shampoo from France. It is readily available on Amazon in the US at a reasonable price but it is not at all available in Australia at any price. That shampoo could be imported into Australia and sold for a profit.

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
Lol I thought the same thing. But upon closer inspection I don’t think they are the same person ha ha. It would be hilarious if it was though.

Regarding Amazon arbitrage, I think it would be a grind. I sell on Amazon and at the push of an email I can get 10,000 units of my product made and sent to me. I cannot imagine having to source my inventory a few pieces at a time, and to be able to make a decent living doing that on Amazon.

It almost feels like going to garage sales to find products sold at a discount only to flip them online for a few dollars at a time.
Thanks for reply!

Do I really look like that guy in the video? I am looking at it like entry level learn, hire VA's or automate so I can move to rhe next stage.
I do not have resources and experience or mentor to start private label(as I uderstand that is what you are doing), but that is one of the goals in future.
I hope you don't mind to share story how you got started?

david1024

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 15, 2021
If y
Thanks for reply!

Do I really look like that guy in the video? I am looking at it like entry level learn, hire VA's or automate so I can move to rhe next stage.
I do not have resources and experience or mentor to start private label(as I uderstand that is what you are doing), but that is one of the goals in future.
I hope you don't mind to share story ho
Thanks for reply!

I hope you don't mind to share story how you got started?
if you are looking into private label, I would advise looking into superhero marketplace. Private label is a longer process, but much more sustainable. Hope this helps

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
I would think that would not be something that could be done for living for a number of reasons, the biggest being that consumer product markets are becoming highly efficient (meaning everyone has easy access to the same information so few chances to take advantage of price differences). But don't just listen to me. Fortunes are made by people who went against the advice of others, including those with authority in the subject.

You may want to look into importing and exporting as markets between countries have vast differences and are often not accessible or easily accessible by consumers in the other country. For example, I am in the US. I wanted a shampoo from France. It is readily available on Amazon in the US at a reasonable price but it is not at all available in Australia at any price. That shampoo could be imported into Australia and sold for a profit.
Thanks for sharing!

I think the same. Those Youtube "Gurus" videos are always represent way better than the real situation is :D

My goal is to add a new source of income, automate/outsource and use selling experties for private labet or model that you mentioned!(I do not have experience, knowlege, connections starting something sumilar).
Please correct me if I am wrong, importing goods from other countries(product that is available in US) to sell this product full mechanism - marketing, website building, SEO should be employed? Otherwise how do you make buyers in US buy products that they do not know nothing about?

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I hope this thread is still alive.

I want to create a second amazon account and wonder about the possibility of such a thing.

My first account has a problem with a mobile that got spoilt.

The process of renewing the mobile number is hectic.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.