The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice Request: School Apparel/Accessory Store

4runner

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 12, 2013
Dear Fastlaners,

I'd appreciate your feedback for what I should do in this situation.

I work at a highschool, and I've been asked to create a school apparel/accessory shop. The board wants it to be profitable starting this year.

My idea is to get a simple shopify website and link it to a print-on-demand company like printful.

Goals:
  • Lean - limited physical inventory
  • completely outsourced fulfillment
  • Easy to create/change product designs
  • Easy to create/manage ecommerce store
  • Easy in general to manage, as I'm a teacher and have a lot of other responsibilities - don't want this to take up a lot of my time

I will be selling the products for the school at their sporting events, so I was thinking the limited inventory I physically held would be for people to physically see/touch the product / check sizing, etc, and if they so desire, can purchase at a premium (maybe 50-100% more than the price on the ecommerce store).

What do ya'll think about this idea, any tweaks you'd suggest, or do you have a better idea of how to handle this?

Thank you so much in advance for your advice!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

4runner

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 12, 2013
Do you plan on scaling this? Or is this staying inside this one particular school?

Right now, this is staying inside this one particular school, so not exactly "fastlane." I know there's other companies out there that are fastlane companies that offer schools an apparel shop service (so this function could be 100% outsourced), however I want to be able to have more control over the website/products/prices than I'd be able to have using one of those companies...

4runner

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 12, 2013
Hope everyone's having a great day! :smile2:

I'm still stuck on my idea I've listed above...

Seems like it could work, but can anybody shoot holes in it / improve on it?

Really appreciate your advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.