The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A real need but narrow range prospects

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
hello guys
If you caught a real need but with narrow range prospects less than 1 million world wide and nearly 100,000 active users using online products specified for this category of people, at the same time your intended product can't be charged for more than 5 dollars - one time purchase- , but their need nature regular use of it will be monthly mostly and weekly on average ,sometimes more,would you still invest time and effort in such a product ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
How much time does it take for you to develop? Can you cut that time in half? Does it free you of your time once you release it into the world?

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
How much time does it take for you to develop? Can you cut that time in half? Does it free you of your time once you release it into the world?
3 months 7 hours a day, what do you mean by cutting that time in half ? ,and yes after releasing it wont be requiring much time from me anymore

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
3 months 7 hours a day, what do you mean by cutting that time in half ? ,and yes after releasing it wont be requiring much time from me anymore

By cutting time in half, I mean, can you find a better way? Can produce the initial concept and hire someone to do the rest of the work in a shorter amount of time.

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
By cutting time in half, I mean, can you find a better way? Can produce the initial concept and hire someone to do the rest of the work in a shorter amount of time.
my financial situation does not allow me to hire anyone , and it's okay am in the IT field so I wont be needing to learn anything new but a designer little help I may be getting, and also am okay with 3 months of work I just don't want to waste those months if it's not worth it even though satisfying this need gonna provide so much help for some but if I can't live off it or at least bring some cash flow into my income I will be losing , and I have lost before ..... it doesn't taste good

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york
3 questions
  1. are you already wealthy?
  2. are you already selling profititably to another market?
  3. why do you think this idea might not be worth it for YOU?

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
.. I have lost before ..... it doesn't taste good

I know the feeling. If it does take off, or you gain recognition for your feat, that's more than you expected, right? I've helped others with game design elements (digital paintings) which haven't yet gone to production but have gained me recognition and now I'm working for another game studio creating more of the same. I had no idea someone would look at one of my painted textures and want me to jump aboard, but it happened. Instead of wondering "what it I fail," look at the other side: "what if I succeed?"

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
3 questions
  1. are you already wealthy?
  2. are you already selling profititably to another market?
  3. why do you think this idea might not be worth it for YOU?
first answer: No
second answer: No
third answer : because even though I want really badly to provide value and help for this category of people , but firstly this gotta help me too financially , I have drafted through a previous such thing that would help others kinda charity application and it did me no good at all but wasted 6 months of work because I didn't study the idea well before execution and let my humanly emotions take the lead, so now I need to study this scenario financially very well since i do need to generate profit at this stage

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
If you caught a real need but with narrow range prospects less than 1 million world wide and nearly 100,000 active users using online products specified for this category of people, at the same time your intended product can't be charged for more than 5 dollars - one time purchase- , but their need nature regular use of it will be monthly mostly and weekly on average ,sometimes more,would you still invest time and effort in such a product ?
Are there more products your market needs and is willing to pay for? It would be nice if you had the opportunity to increase your lifetime customer value through more products/services, more customers, higher profit per unit, etc.

Also...even if this product won't make you millions, it could be a great opportunity to start and grow a business if you've never done it before. You can use the experience you gain from doing it to create and grow a bigger business later, rather than relying on theory.

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
I know the feeling. If it does take off, or you gain recognition for your feat, that's more than you expected, right? I've helped others with game design elements (digital paintings) which haven't yet gone to production but have gained me recognition and now I'm working for another game studio creating more of the same. I had no idea someone would look at one of my painted textures and want me to jump aboard, but it happened. Instead of wondering "what it I fail," look at the other side: "what if I succeed?"
of course I have learned a lot from that experience in that area it's not a lose and even though my next projects may fail too but certainly am growing stronger with each fail and each will promote me for real success

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
Are there more products your market needs and is willing to pay for? It would be nice if you had the opportunity to increase your lifetime customer value through more products/services, more customers, higher profit per unit, etc.

yes actually there is I have done a bit of research on that and found some physical products I can offer them also I have thought of building a community aside with the initial product which will also be helpful

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.