The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

34 Male Dublin, Ireland - Web Designer / Developer

nutleydotie

eCommerce Development Consultant - www.snazzy.ie
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 13, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Hi,

Joined a few weeks back, @Fox mentioned the group a few times in his group on FB and notably its value.

I've gotten great value from his group, so on that took his advice and joined here, and see what I can learn.

I'm from a print / web development background, I can build some good functional websites, make things work, provide some good design skills too. I've helped people get an incredible online presence and helped people earn a living through eCommerce websites.

I'm living in Dublin, Ireland.

I'm self employed the past 12 years

I also DJ 2-3 nights a week

Joined Fastlane as am looking to improve myself, improve my sales skills, and push myself further to earn more.

Cheers

Stephen AKA Snazzy

www.snazzy.ie

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Hi Stephen.

I've done a lot of web and database work, but for internal use only in the corporate arena. Working now to transition to freelance marketing consulting & web dev. I'd like to be able to add e-commerce functionality. What are some of the successes you've had with it? Do you recommend any particular learning or technology resources?

Andy Black, in the forum staff here, is from your area. He has some outstanding radio interviews and discussions about how he got going with his Adwords agency. I think he'd be a good guy for you to get to know.

nutleydotie

eCommerce Development Consultant - www.snazzy.ie
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 13, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Hi Stephen.

I've done a lot of web and database work, but for internal use only in the corporate arena. Working now to transition to freelance marketing consulting & web dev. I'd like to be able to add e-commerce functionality. What are some of the successes you've had with it? Do you recommend any particular learning or technology resources?

Andy Black, in the forum staff here, is from your area. He has some outstanding radio interviews and discussions about how he got going with his Adwords agency. I think he'd be a good guy for you to get to know.

Hi,

Over the past 10 years I've worked with one client in particular who's become a great friend. He's had visions and ideas of how he'd like processes to work and we've come up with some incredible solutions.

Generally id say avoid woocommerce unless it's either a digital product, or a website with light traffic, or low budget as it's terrible for scaling. It's data is stored in meta arrays in huge tables rather than logical tables.

I'd also avoid shopify, every single simple task that a client wants becomes a monthly fee. It seems to be aimed at people who sell dropship millionaire ads on Facebook which I think 99% are frauds selling a course.

The most successful clients I've had are the ones who made changes, not for the sake of change, but to improve and embrace technology. As a ballpark figure at least 10% of turnover should be spent on website development / design to have any real impact.

Besides design / development my own successes haven't happened yet.

I've gotten some nice domains and planning a few projects of my own.

My first project is www.cartbooster.ie

The goal is to sell some the custom made commerce add-ons I've made to other developers on licence to save them time developing. I've also started a few high-end design themes.

Currently reading up in funnels and sales techniques.

I've a few other projects listed under my brand www.snazzymedia.ie but only really starting to get the ball rolling. Hope to post regular of my process and gain any advice / tips / knowledge I can share on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Thanks Stephen, I appreciate the advice on software to avoid, budgets, and your goals. Both your sites on first glance look great, very professional and modern! I think the forum here will be a great help you, as you design your offers, marketing funnels, and sales approach.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...