The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

24 year old Physics graduate - Scotland

Zaent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 5, 2017
Scotland
Hi there @MJ DeMarco and friends.

I stumbled across this community when looking into different online business opportunities. I've been active in other ones unrelated to business in the past to the point where it has become staple in my daily routine, so I thought joining this one and becoming immersed would be a more productive use of time than those in the past, as well as serving as a constant reminder of my goals.

After finding this forum and reading the introductory private message, I watched a few videos of TMF and read the available chapters + what I could online about it, and I liked what I found. Honestly, a lot of it I had already realised myself to an extent, but some of the concepts were more in-depth or expanded further into the idea and added something more, be it memorability, impact, or some other value.

My story begins in high school. I am and always have been the type to question logic, authority, rules, norms -- everything, really. I'm a deep thinker and if I can't make sense of my path, I struggle to commit. In high school, I didn't know what the hell I wanted. I can't really remember what was going through my head then, but I knew I didn't want to go to school anymore. I just wanted money in my pocket for once in my life. I ended up getting a VERY low paying (I was 17 - slave labour wages) job an administrator for a care home, but my £600 per month was still far more than £0 per month. I was content for a little while.

About a year in, I started noticing the number of sick slips coming in for depression (I recorded them on the system). There were a few carers there that seemingly had nothing huge in their life wrong, but they were depressed as hell. And pretty much everyone seemed to hate their job. The trend was that most were middle aged and the job was dead-end. I knew I didn't want that to be me. My solution was returning to education.

I decided to go back and at least get good grades for what I should have done at high school by going to a local college. I was intimidated because I did really badly in high school - I put in zero effort - so I put my all into this. My all was far more than enough and I was top of every class basically. This continued for 2 years.

Having found I was actually academically able, I ended up deciding to apply to university. I picked Physics, part for the challenge, part because I've always had an interest in science, part because it left a lot of options open for when I finished, and I still had no idea what I wanted to do.

4 years later, I graduated with the highest classification, have had some incredible summer travels, and have met some amazing, like-minded people that will be life-long friends. I'm also unemployed, broke, and still living at home at age 24. I'm unaccepting of the employment system, and I'd rather spend the next 5 years failing at trying to hit a homerun in the fastlane than being overworked and underpaid in some corporate graduate training scheme.

My plan for the moment is to find steady work, and use all my extra time and resources to learn as much about business methods as I can; implementing as I go, and tweaking my process.

I'm looking forward to getting involved here.

Cheers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...