The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

23, Ready for change, Don't know where to go.

TT9496

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 17, 2017
United Kingdom
Good Afternoon everyone,

I'm glad to be here at this forum to try and educate myself & network with like-minded others.

I'm currently trying to build a fairly new start-up for someone else - i'm trying to build the business foundations while the business owner works his regular day job trying to raise funds for advertising etc..

We're providing Swarovski iPhones (Not cases, actual embellished iPhones with an Avg. price of £2,000+) and i've been taken on to try and build the website, social media etc and bring in some sales.

I'm still struggling to get the first sale we need to give us our kick. The business owner is very talented with what he does (Crystal embellishment) and it truly is a labor of love that he puts in to the finished product.

I've made the website (just a shopify with not very many product images, as we need orders to take product pictures for the website). We're trying to build a social media presence but we've focused mainly on instagram influencers which seems like a repetitive cycle that is yet to bring a sale in. I've suggested facebook advertising but the business owner isn't too keen on this idea as he's tried it previously with no results (maybe the targeting was wrong).

I'm looking for any advice whatsoever on how to progress.

Thank you in Advance,

Tom

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum.

I'm still struggling to get the first sale we need to give us our kick.

What makes you think (and the owner) that there's a market for this? People asking for it? Or is it just something the owner knows and he figures he'll mold the market to his talent?

MiguelHammond10

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jun 12, 2017
Seattle
what makes you and your owner think there is Market for this? you need to read the market to see if they are ready for the product. How long you guys have been on this Business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
We're providing Swarovski iPhones (Not cases, actual embellished iPhones with an Avg. price of £2,000+) and i've been taken on to try and build the website, social media etc and bring in some sales.

I'm still struggling to get the first sale we need to give us our kick. The business owner is very talented with what he does (Crystal embellishment) and it truly is a labor of love that he puts in to the finished product.

As everyone said above, maybe there's not a market for this.

What's the value add for your iphone over the existing cases that people could buy for $20?

What's the competitive advantage that you have over people selling Swarovski iPhones for $1,400? (Do a quick google search - you already have competition).

Would you buy a Swarovski Toilet? Then why would you buy a Swarovski iPhone?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...