The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

21 y/o Engineer ready for the Fastlane

nithinmike

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 20, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys.
I'm currently in my last year of undergraduate studies at an engineering school in the Midwest. I'll be moving to LA next summer to take a job in the aerospace industry, however the job was really just an excuse to move to the West coast. The Midwest is the most Slowlane area in the US, in my experience. Lots of 9-5 jobs and 401ks to be had here.

I've been fortunate enough to have an upper middle class upbringing thanks to both my parents being working professionals, but I have noticed how the Slowlane has failed them. I want to avoid the same pitfalls and support my parents as they approach retirement in 10-15 years.

It was actually health, not money, that brought me to this path. I've had a variety of health issues throughout my life and witnessed how the conventional medical approach of popping pills and using chemical treatments fails in both the short and long term. Changing my diet and lifestyle in unconventional ways solved many of my health issues. My experiences with health made me question what other assumptions I have accepted blindly from society, and one of the areas I have focused on is wealth (the other is social dynamics, especially in male/female interactions).

I've read a few books such as Think & Grow Rich and Felix Dennis' "How to Get Rich", as well as listened to Naval Ravikant's podcast series on wealth creation. I stumbled on MJ's book a few days ago and I'm almost finished reading it. What struck me in reading all these books is how many wealthy and successful people base their success on the same universal principles. So far, I've found MJ's book to be the most comprehensive and well written on the topic of wealth.

With respect to long term goals and dreams - I have a couple. I've been obsessed with cars and racing from a young age, and I'd love to travel the world and attend every Formula 1 race in a single season (all 20+ races in different countries). Owning and racing my own cars is also a goal of mine. I've always been a bit inept with respect to socializing, especially interacting with the opposite sex, so I'd like to have time to dedicate to that skill as well. I'm still pretty young, so I'm sure these goals will evolve through my twenties, but the overarching themes have always been the same for me.

I'll be lurking the forums as I finish up MJ's book and lay out the plans for my future!

-Nithin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...