The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

“Money system for income” sample allocation

Anything related to investing, including crypto

cregnier

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 8, 2023
Hey y’all,

I’m new here and this is my first post. I’m almost done with The Millionaire Fastlane , and it has changed my thinking in many ways.

One of those is building a money system designed to generate income. I was raised on a Slowlane philosophy of investing to grow wealth rather than investing wealth to create income.

So, question specifically for @MJ DeMarco

In your book The Millionaire Fastlane , you recommend building a money system designed to generate income and picking investment that yield at least 5%.

Could you please give me a rough idea of a sample portfolio allocation you would recommend for someone starting their money system? 30y government bonds? US dividend stocks? Global REITs?

I’m trying to shift to this new mindset and would appreciate some direction.

P.S. I know you’re not a financial advisor, and that I shouldn’t consider this as financial advice in any way :) I will do my own research and make my own decisions, but would appreciate you pointing me North vs South if you will.

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know y’all more!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hey y’all,

I’m new here and this is my first post. I’m almost done with The Millionaire Fastlane , and it has changed my thinking in many ways.

One of those is building a money system designed to generate income. I was raised on a Slowlane philosophy of investing to grow wealth rather than investing wealth to create income.

In your book The Millionaire Fastlane , you recommend building a money system designed to generate income and picking investment that yield at least 5%.

Could you please give me a rough idea of a sample portfolio allocation you would recommend for someone starting their money system? 30y government bonds? US dividend stocks? Global REITs?

P.S. I know you’re not a financial advisor, and that I shouldn’t consider this as financial advice in any way :) I will do my own research and make my own decisions, but would appreciate you pointing me North vs South if you will.

In his most recent book is a whole section about how these systems work, coupled with a sample list of investments.

However looking for that right now is somewhat like discussing what color your Bugatti should be...

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hey y’all,

Read the rest of the books. Unscripted and The great rat race escape .

Out of curiosity, how much can you put into a money system each month?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I just answered a similar question...

Other content...

A screenshot on one of my money system accounts... these are mostly REITS, or other companies that pay dividends. There are also some some speculative stuff in there as well that doesn't pay anything (SHOP/AMZN) - I estimate this account has $950K to 1.05M invested in assets, the rest sits in cash ($500K) in it and yields around 6%.

To be honest, I'm not sure on exact specifics as I don't spend a lot of time burying my face in Excel spreadsheets attempting to max out my investment income. I look for undervalued investments that pay interest or dividends which is a pretty simple philosophy.

1684159225874.png

Here's one of the last MONTHLY checks which to me, represents total FU money that I can spend on whatever I want. I get a check like this every month in the mail. Yes, super old school -- but I like getting checks which is symbolic to getting a paycheck, except this paycheck is 99% passive.

IMG_2769.JPG

This FU money doesn't go toward any expenses in my life and is 100% discretionary. Keep in mind, this is only one of my accounts. Based on the capital allocation in this account and the above check (for simplicity say $1M) this represents a 6.5% yield, not including any capital appreciation. If I actually spent hours running the numbers, I'd bet the true yield was around 6%.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cregnier

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 8, 2023
I just answered a similar question...

Other content...

A screenshot on one of my money system accounts... these are mostly REITS, or other companies that pay dividends. There are also some some speculative stuff in there as well that doesn't pay anything (SHOP/AMZN) - I estimate this account has $950K to 1.05M invested in assets, the rest sits in cash ($500K) in it and yields around 6%.

To be honest, I'm not sure on exact specifics as I don't spend a lot of time burying my face in Excel spreadsheets attempting to max out my investment income. I look for undervalued investments that pay interest or dividends which is a pretty simple philosophy.

View attachment 48803

Here's one of the last MONTHLY checks which to me, represents total FU money that I can spend on whatever I want. I get a check like this every month in the mail. Yes, super old school -- but I like getting checks which is symbolic to getting a paycheck, except this paycheck is 99% passive.

View attachment 48804

This FU money doesn't go toward any expenses in my life and is 100% discretionary. Keep in mind, this is only one of my accounts. Based on the capital allocation in this account and the above check (for simplicity say $1M) this represents a 6.5% yield, not including any capital appreciation. If I actually spent hours running the numbers, I'd bet the true yield was around 6%.
Thanks so much @MJ DeMarco! This is exactly what I am looking for as I start to wrap my head around investing into a money system for income vs. the "investing for wealth" mindset I'm shedding.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I m not relly qualified for that and my sums are much lower, but I calculate these things with the last 40 years average stock rise, and thats about 4 % after taxes.
It was quite acurate til now for me.
Just google „xyz dividends“ and you get the stock s yearly dividends.
For example „bmw dividends „ returns me 8,5€ per about 100€ stock.
That’s available for every stock.

Thats only an about and depends calculation, but worked for me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.