The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Lex DeVille
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey there! I stumbled upon a post by you from december 2016 in golden thread about blogging, in which you state that "It began after I started working with a client who asked me to help her deal with a specific problem (copywriting related)."

Can you tell me more about that specific problem? I'm from Denmark, so I won't be a competitor to you.

I hope it's not too much to ask for - thanks in advance!
    Hey lex, stupid question but how long have you been writing copy? You're really great at your craft.
    Because of Fastlane I contacted the person I use to Buy Stingray Skins from in Chennai , now I am about to get another product from him, but will need to get a Permit to ship here, I just wanted to say thanks for the Motivation . I also uploaded OfferUp and placed some items on there. I am trying to get out of my comfort Zone. I have been selling on ebay for 18 years and I want to step my game up.
    Bro, just to thank you for your post about ODESK. I read the entire thread today and watched as my world melted away, only to reveal a much brighter and better world behind it.

I can already see the changes it has made in my life, because in my mind's eye, those changes have already happened.
    G
    Hey, Wanted to ask about your iNLP certification.

Was it worth taking for the certificate itself?
    I've already taken AndrewNC's practitioner training and have some NLP under my belt,
    but am considering the certification.

Based on your experience, what is your client's reaction to the certification? Is it...

"Wow, you have a certificate in NLP. Cool"
    or...
    "WTF is this" and gloss over it?

Thanks
    Hey Lex! I was using Google to search you up because you seem pretty popular on the forum. I think I found your Youtube channel? And I saw a cool video of a lego piece. I was wondering if you're still doing Lego art? If this message doesn't relate to you at all, sorry for bothering you! I just thought it was cool.
    SinisterLex, you're the man. I appreciate all the effort you put into teaching others your craft. Super informative posts that are an inspiration to me. I know you probably get questions like this all the time BUT- if you could recommend one or two of your favorite books to sharpen copywriting skills, that would be amazing. Best wishes.
    Lex DeVille
    Lex DeVille
    WRamsey, I don't use books to sharpen my copy skills. I read Ca$hvertising and Breakthrough Advertising (and maybe Scientific Advertising) for foundations in Copywriting. My ability to write what the market wants is just that. I focus on what an audience wants and learn their style, then give them what they want. More often I learn as I go and improve based on audience feedback.
    T
    Hey, Sinister. Your posts mean a lot to me and I'm putting your advice into practice. I made a blog as some accountability to keep me going. I spent a couple paragraphs talking about you. Thought I'd let you know you're the star of my first blog post. It's copyalex.com if you want to check it out.
    Hey Lex I was reading your post about freelancing on Odesk using copy writing skills and I decided to look more into it. Did you learn any specific skills before hand or did you just start writing by just using the "YOU" Principle? Trying to find out how to learn how to copy write fast and effective so I can get on to actually doing it. Any books that will show me how?
    Hi sir! I am new to this community and your threads but I can say that they are like gold mines. Thanks for sharing the information. And I have a question if it's not too much, I am foreigner and never been to any country that speaks English as native, so I'm not fluent. What would you suggest for someone like me? Where should I start?
    Lex DeVille
    Lex DeVille
    Hi T-K,

Where to start depends on what you want to do. Where are you at on your journey? If you need to start making money to pursue a Fastlane business, then there are a number of threads to help you do that. Even writing can be a path for you. Non-English countries still have copywriters.
    T-K
    T-K
    Sorry sir I didn't make myself clear. I wanna get into the copywriting. I am already a freelancer in my country but this market in my country isn't very alive. People tend to work with agencies mostly. So what should I do? Would your 15 days challenge be enough to get started?
    Hey Lex,

Your post on freelancing for Upwork--previously Odesk-- was inspiring. I came across it in March and took action that day, making $30 transcribing a couple business meetings, and knew I was hooked. Thank-you for that gift.

My question, do you find a difference in creativity when writing in a public space ie starbucks as compared to isolation?
    Lex DeVille
    Lex DeVille
    I write first thing in the morning in total isolation if at all possible to avoid all noise and distraction. This is also when my mind is sharpest.
    Hey Lex,

Thank you for the reply! I've just joined the subscriber list for your course.
    I Just wanted to tell you that there is a typo on your first 'thank you' page. "god" instead of "goods"
    It may affect your credibility. I'm looking forward to the course Lex.
    Reactions: Lex DeVille
    Lex DeVille
    Lex DeVille
    Great catch! I set the mailing system up months ago, and haven't had time to carefully comb over it. Thanks for letting me know.
    Hey I was wondering what is the best way to go about learning copy the gary halbert challenge? I have no money and I'm in some debt I really have no skills besides being able to type at a decent speed so I figure copy would be a good ave to get some revenue.
    Hi Lex

I just spotted an intriguing post of yours on the "biggest lie you believed most of your life' thread. You mentioned your was the avoidance of death.

You went on to reference an insurance policy you had bought for $34 a month.

Would you be able to PM me with some more details as this looks fascinating!

Thank you for your time.

Mike
    Hey Lex,

I just joined the forum a couple of days ago. I ran into your thread and it was a breath of fresh air. I read most of it from my mobile. This forum is a bit different than what I'm used to, and can't find the feature to PM you. I hope I'm not soliciting, but would definitely love to chat more about copyrighting. Prior to joining this board, it was an area I'm totally unaware of.

Thanks much,

Wisith
    Hey Lex,
    I have just finished writing my first sales letter and your posts helped me a great deal. Would you be willing to critic my copy (about 2000 words). I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Brian
    Hey Lex, I'd like to thank you for pointing me towards Odesk, it's perfect for me right now as I need money to live/build a business. Really, its what I needed to find and I will make it work. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    Really enjoyed reading your long-a$$ thread on making $1000 / week just starting out on Odesk.

I've been doing spotty freelance for the last year, always poo-pooing the idea of going on Odesk, b/c I thought it was more for bargain-basement type freelancers.

Not so! You've proven me wrong with an excellent case study.

Thanks, Lex!
    No worries....I just found your site on your profile. Gonna check it out later today. Really cool news. Good to see you are kicking butt.
    Hey there! You mentioned in my site that you built a publishing site like smashwords / draft2digital. WOW! May I visit your site? My email is aanastius@gmail.com if you want to mail it.
    Lex DeVille
    Lex DeVille
    Hey there. You can visit, but don't submit stories. I'm moving away from publishing other people's works because it's not what I want to do long-term. The submission part will soon be closed, but the rest will remain so others can learn / use the resources.

www.nonovels.com
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…